Saturday, February 11, 2006

Is it just me?

ohhhhhh kaaaaay!


Troy and I watched the Olympic opening ceremonies last night.... after we watched that movie called The Island.


the movie was decent; a little hokey in some parts, but enjoyable nonetheless.


afterwards, we flipped on the coverage of the opening ceremonies.


As usual, I enjoyed watching the competitors parade in. We giggled at some of the stay-puffed attire, chortled at some guys wearing MITTENS... and played 'guy or girl' with some of the European countries' teams. It was fun up until troy realized that the male and female athletes on each team were dressed in slightly different uniforms.

On that note... what happened to France??? Their women had decent hair... but ewww-weee... they were pretty BUSTED! .......oh well.... I'm just saying......

by the way... for the record.. let me say this.....

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!


ok. back to Torino. Is it just me... or do they do a lot of WEIRD shit in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies???


I mean... I scratched my head as I watched Bjork's dress cover all of the athletes in Athens.... the song itself wasn't bad.. but DUDE... WTF was up with THAT DRESS????

and last night.... first we have the model on the half-shell... and flying people, and the big ORBS (sun and moon... yeah yeah yeah... whatever you want to call them) but there's these big ole BALLS floating around.... then that dancer dude??? Seriously.... maybe I'm an ignorant American... but next time I see a guy prancing around in a vein-painted bodysuit with a mohawk... I'd prefer he wasn't getting all pointy-toed to club music. I may not be the club-rat that I used to be... but seriously... that shit was a stretch for me. DOES NOT COMPUTE!!! DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!!

my forehead kept crunching up more and more as I wondered what exactly the point of all that was... only to lead directly into a pit-change for a ferrari and major burn-out???

oh well... the fireworks after the ferrari stint were cool... and the cauldron being lit will always be breath-taking in my eyes.


but the orbs and flying people and dancer dude??? I dunno. I just don't get it.

7 comments:

Me said...

Good morning sunshine! I didn't get to watch opening ceremonies, but when Ryan got home he asked if I had and said that they were just weird! He didn't go into detail but, from the sounds of it, I didn't miss much :)

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch them.
I saw them as I was flipping channels but I got interested in some show on ABC that was after Dancing with the Stars.

I LOVE that show, mainly because my 2 year old stands on the big slate coffee table and tries to imitate them.

It is SO cute!

Susie said...

Dude - if you watch every Olympics surely you've noticed that the goal for the Opening Ceremonies is to be as BIZARRE as possible. Dan and I look at each other just laugh because it's so insane. And there is always a solo child singer. ALWAYS. And flying people and flowy drapes everywhere. Same show, different translation.

Laura said...

I didn't watch it either but from what I gathered from your linky dinks, they must be trying to incorporate some ~cul-chah~ into the ceremony.

Cul-chah! Like buttah! It has Land O' Lakes written all ovah it!
Oy!
~L.

CheekyMoo said...

I always watch it. I'm an addict when it comes to the Olympics. I myself don't own a vein painted body suit. It's not on my wish list either, just so you know.

Marianna said...

LOL ~ I heart you & your funny takes on life's events, such as the Olympics. You make me smile.

M~

Book Bums said...

I forgot to TiVo it...did I miss anything good?