Thursday, March 30, 2006

Day of rest

so I'm finally back in the home digs here in Charlotte.


I LOVE seeing my folks, but I definitely can appreciate being back in my house, in my bed, around my stuff, and oh yeah.. my husband.


Rhena was an absolute DOLL for the trip. she fussed once or twice, but hey... I wasn't the queen of the buttercup parade, either. Going to bed around 11pm, waking up at midnight to pee, then REALLY waking up at 2:30am so you can get ready for the 10+ hour drive ahead of you tends to really take a hit on my pleasantness factor. who knew?


but the bottom line is that we got in safe and sound, and *I* caught up on some very needed sleep. after some very needed chinese food, that is.


I'm feeling very lost with all of my TV shows... me and the DVR are going to have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't watched American idol in two weeks... I know in my heart I'm not missing much, but it sure is fun to poke fun at the kids.


As for today, we're slowly getting unpacked and organized. Rhena's not feeling the morning nap I'm trying to impose on her, so I think my time on the laptop is limited. but that's ok. like I said, there's chores to be done, and food to be shopped for. all the fun shit everyone looks forward to when they come back from vacation. NOT!

the review of DC is coming, along with a few pictures. right now, though... it's time to get rhena and teach her to feed me moose munch. priorities, gang... priorities! the suitcases can wait!

7 comments:

Marianna said...

Yay! Welcome back, chickie! Can't wait to see the pics...

M~

Anonymous said...

HA
I have the ultimate weapon, you won't be able to resist it girl.


http://www.thesuperficial.com/

scroll down a few stories.

Bwahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Do yourself a favor...

DO NOT watch American Idol this week. Man, if only I could get that kind of suckage out of my Dirt Devil.

Anonymous said...

Oh it wasn't THAT bad.

Better than a lot of crap on TV!

carlotta said...

Glad you had a fun and safe trip!

Unknown said...

Glad you're back-back, instead of kind of back! :D

Anonymous said...

Isn't sleeping in your own bed after being away like HEAVEN? I slept so great when I got home too. Look forward to hearing more - I've got a lot of damn squares that need crossing off!