Monday, March 10, 2008

SO Applicable, it hurts.

as I said in an earlier post, I've been listening to the soundtrack to Wicked lately. one, because my mom and I are going to see it when it comes to Charlotte. (we have opening night!! I can't wait!)

two.. cause I was pretty sick and tired of hearing the soundtrack for Joseph, and thought Rhena could use a different tune to sing all day. every day. day after day. oops, sorry... I thought I was Ben Stiller there for a minute.


anyways... sometimes when you're going through life, you come across a song that hits the spot. whether it's a love song, a break-up song, WHATEVER... just sometimes you get lucky and find a song that you just connect to given the circumstances of your life.

I'm REALLY getting the song "Defying Gravity" right now. like REALLY getting it. like brings-tears-to-my-eyes GETTING IT.

I'm really hoping I'll be over this emotional attachment before the show. I'd hate to be snotting all over myself in public like that.


in other news, I hit and passed my 10% goal. total weight loss since Jan 1st is 14 pounds. I'm going to see if I can lose another 2 pounds or so, then I will stop focusing on weight loss, and put more effort into getting in shape. I don't want to get my ass kicked by the walk again this year.

tonight is CCD, and Troy will not be able to watch the kids, so I'm in for an interesting evening, considering Danny has found a new penchant for screaming/crying like a madman when I'm not around. yeah. good times. I may just dedicate the whole class to praying for my sanity tonight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the weight loss! You inspire me!

And I LOVE the new blog look!

Susie said...

Congrats on hitting your 10% goal! So what did you win?

Oh and you will totally cry at the show. 'For Good' made me cry and it reminds me of you.

Good luck tonight babe!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you hit your goal. I keep saying that I am going to start counting points again, but.....

You are inspiring me!

Rachie said...

HA!! I'm in Hannah Montana hell. I must admit I do like a few of the songs and Lindsay looks so cute singing her heart out in the backseat!

Rachie said...

HA!! I'm in Hannah Montana hell. I must admit I do like a few of the songs and Lindsay looks so cute singing her heart out in the backseat!

Choppzs said...

I've done that with certain songs. Feel like an idiot blubbering in your car when your kids are like "what's wrong mom?' lol To funny!

Liza said...

go get your soundtrack listing of wicked and please tell me if kate reinders is singing on it :D

Liza said...

ope, nvm. i looked it up and it has kristen chenowith instead of kate. bummer. kate's way better. :P