Monday, March 03, 2008

It's begun

oh dear.



I knew this day was coming.



after breakfast today, rhena came around the corner wearing her jacket and shoes.

She informed me that she was going outside to wait for the bus. She reportedly was going on a trip. when asked to where, she replied that she was off to her "new home".


She must have sensed my semi-state of concern, because she assured me to not worry, cause she would be back in the morning when I woke up.

as luck would have it, I promised her that today I was going to make an appointment for her to see the dentist. I was able to trump her spontaneous bus trip by convincing her she needed to be here so I could call the dentist. apparently micro-managing my administrative duties is more appealing than waiting on the corner in her pyjamas.


sigh. I guess I just didn't think I'd be dealing with the runaway child this early in the game. or this early in the day, either. momma needs coffee to deal with this kind of shit, people.


oh well. happy monday, and here's hoping that everyone in your life stays put this week.


_____________

today's inspiration? my SCALE, believe it or not! I was only down point-8 pounds for my weigh-in this morning, but I'm only point THREE pounds away from my 10% goal-slash-competition with troy. I for sure feel energized enough to get through this last hump. I can do it!!!

3 comments:

Marianna said...

Lock the door, girl... lock it tight! LOL

M~

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh she's a little runaway....

you knew I had to bring the Jovi into it...

Glad you were able to change her mind... today anyway ;-)

~Carpenter Girls~ said...

My mom use to invite me back inside for a snack and help packing my bag for my trip. Then she would suggest a nap so I would be well rested. By the time I woke up, I had forgotten about leaving. Sneaky little one my mom was...but it always seemed to work!