Saturday, January 14, 2006

It's like Christmas in January!!!

ok.... so to prove I'm not a TOTAL scrooge, here is a very belated and VERY long pictoral review of our trip to Jersey....


well.... before we left, we thought we should get Rhena ready for the cold weather....


not sure if she enjoyed how ridiculous we made her look. note the "are you kidding me???" look on her face....

Eventually, Christmas came and we were up in Jersey. We started celebrating on Christmas Eve, with the Czernikowski Family Wigilia.

Here's Rhena all dressed up and ready for Wigilia:and of course.... with her formal coat, hat and purse on.... can you say STYLIN' ???

Many presents were opened that night... also... here's my hair, for those interested..

Too bad Rhena didn't really care for Santa.....

Bonus picture.... this is my oldest neice, Dara.... a future heartbreaker, for sure.. but for now she holds the title for reigning (gingerbread) Man-eater... FIERCE!!!!


I did get a picture of all the kids (my two neices, my nephew, and Boogie) all together by the tree.... for the ultra-observant... NO... my SIL and I didn't plan to dress the girls alike... we just both really like gymboree!!! no matter... I thought they all looked adorable together..... you know... when Rhena wasn't screaming and all.... this particular picture was a happy scream, I think....

Back at my parents' house... we dressed the kids in stupid elf hats. Here's Dara, Delaney, and Damian wearing the obligitory silliness..........














And of course.... we couldn't forget Rhena... no one escapes!!!




More presents were opened.... 'Grampy' watched, while Rhena decided it was more fun to get IN the box that the toy came in.....













see??? I told you.... IN the box!!!!


Of course, there was other fun and shenanigans along the trip.... Troy remembered why he loves Dara so much.... what is the saying about Misery loving company???

We also went to see Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the state theater... my folks sprung for all the tickets, as well as these t-shirts for all the kids.... Rhena seems like she has room to grow into hers a little more....






















We also got to visit my cousin and her little girl while we were home.... Lindsay has a REALLY COOL little couch that Rhena was digging. The girls had a great time playing together, and I really enjoyed catching up with my cousin.... (notice how Rhena makes herself at hom and props her feet up like she owns the joint...)

We had some downtime, too... I got to watch a movie with all the kids.......

Rhena also got some one-on-one time with Grandma and Grandpa......

and by the time all was said and done.... Rhena was pooped.

so.. it was a very nice viist home. The folks are planning on coming down thisaway for Easter, and I've got to say I'm excited about it. But for now... things go on as usual.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

8 comments:

Porq said...

I tried to comment on yesterday's thunder, bu tI couldn't get into the blog server... DUH... I wanted to say..
"GIVE HER THE MAGIC BLANKETS TO HIDE UNDER AND WHEN SHE KNOWS HOW TO READ... PUT UP THE SIGN
NO MONSTERS ALLOWED.

That should protect the lilly kid!!

Oh yeah, thanks for getting some shots of the house while it was clean!!

OINK

Laura said...

Aw these pics are great!! Can I just point out that your daughter is wearing THE EXACT SHOES

Laura said...

Aw these pics are great!! Can I just point out that your daughter is wearing THE EXACT SHOES I could not find for Erin??? I was not going to get my three year old black biker chick boots or platform disco shoes for the holiday dress ups. I searched high and low for just a little pair of patent leather looking Mary Janes...and finally found them at Wal Mart. And now every time she dresses up everyone comments on her ~tap shoes~. SHUT UP, PEOPLE!!! OK..I had to get that off my chest there. Whew..thanks.

I love the elf hats..one cannot get enough obligatory silliness in one's lifetime. ;)
~L.

CheekyMoo said...

These are great pictures!! Rhena is such a pretty little girl. I'm going to have to get a good picture of Max for Troy. They're missing the same tooth! Glad you had a nice time. :-)

Marianna said...

Awww! Love the pics, hon!

And OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!!

M~

Susie said...

OH I love the pics and seeing more of the fam! Rhena looks beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing!!! And the hair is rocking, mama. Rocking!

Susie said...

BTW - the little barrette?? SO CUTE! I want my Pocket Rhena overnighted please. Thank you!

Jewl said...

Nice pics... Lovin the hair chicky, looks cute!!