Thursday, August 17, 2006

still gone

just a little note to remind you all that the fever is still burning from afar.

I *THINK* Karley and I almost have our act together, and should be hooking up (Maybe??) while I'm up here at Troy's folks' place. time's running out, though, so we'll see.


yetserday troy and I took boogie into chicago. we went to the Shedd Aquarium, where we took a LOT of pictures and Rhena begged to "show me mow-wuh" (yes.. I DO love that she has a jersey accent when it comes to certain words...)


after the fish-o-rama (and dolphins and otters and lizards and other shits that swim) we took a cab over to the Navy Pier. we had some lunch at Bubba Gump's... which was fine enough for a chain. I don't (read can't, else it causes mass-amounts of digestive horrors) eat seafood, so I just had a burger, but I'll admit that Troy's coconut-crusted shrimp looked good.


from there we had some time to kill, so Rhena took a couple of turns on the nerry-go-round. this made everyone happy... rhena for getting to go on, me, for NOT having to go on, and Troy.. for being the hero who let her go on twice.

took a cab back to the train station and railed it back to the homestead. watched yet another game of baseball on tv, and ate some REALLY good sweet corn.

more family-visiting-boating-lollygagging on the horizon for the next couple of days, then we're going to head to Troy's brother's new house on Saturday. we'll visit with him and his fiance, spend the night, and get an early start towards NC on sunday morning.


I've only puked once since I've been here, and woken up a la momma cass style one other time. so not bad.... but we ain't home yet, ya know?

Rhena has taken to waking up SCREAMING in the middle of the night. more on that when we get home, but hopefully not... as I'm praying this is just a weird environment thing going on, and not the beginning of a new trend on our journey to the fantastic 2's. (one more month, by the way... I can't believe boogie's gonna be TWO next month!)


ok. so that's all. I'll upload more pics to my photoblog when we get home... being that blogger isn't letting me do more than the one right now.)

peace out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! You must be tired! Hope the pukes stay away! Oh and you are the 3-4th person with an almost or already 2yr old tell me about the night screaming (terrors). So I'm thinking maybe it's a 2yr old thing. Hope it ends soon!

Miss you miss you miss you!

Anonymous said...

aww, her hair is getting so long!! sweet cutie pie.

heeey i moved again, back to my old typepad blog. SORRY i know i'm a pain in the ass.

http://kittenhead66.typepad.com/

Dottie said...

I definately think that it is a 2 year old thing. Lilli has been having them on and off since just before her 2nd b-day. Nothing makes you fly up out of the bed faster than that blood curling scream. Enjoy your trip!

holy chaos said...

sounds like a great trip! glad that the puking is less.

rhena is precious!

Marianna said...

Look at baby girl! She's so cute!

M~

carlotta said...

Glad you guys are having a good time and that this trip hasn't turned into a puke fest for you. Have a safe trip home.

Me said...

Awwww, look a that hair!!! She's so sweet!!!!!!!