Monday, July 07, 2008

The Just-One-Song Mix

ok.. CLEARLY we have an issue on my blog of following directions. HAH!


For those of you who participated in my requests for songs.. THANKS! I'm sure it was difficult to come up with just ONE song for many of you. ok, I KNOW it was, cause SOME of you listed more than one.

First off.. let me say this.. GREAT songs!!! MANY of them brought smiles to my face... so I think the world shall now benefit from the idea of this collaboration of tastes and music genres.

I also want to thank Erin for the link to Muxtape. I had every intention of creating today's mix-tape and making it available for all of you to listen to... alas... copyright protection is putting the screws to me. I was only able to upload files in MP3 formats, and while I COULD use my zune pass to listen to each song suggested... I was unable to convert them to MP3s for sharing with you. hmmm. so I'm unfortunately still trying to figure that out.

The GOOD news is that I've decided to make the mix a weekly habit. but more about that in a little bit.


As for today's mix.... see below! Links to videos and or lyrics are given when possible. If you do not see the other 1 or two (or more!) songs you suggested... tsk tsk!! I said ONE SONG! In cases where more than one song was suggested, I took the FIRST song listed. Think of me as the Richard Dawson of musical requests. I HAVE to take the first answer given... but try to take some comfort that subliminally you probably wanted that song the most cause it was the first you chose to write.

Cze-Johnson Fever's "just-one-song" Mix:

Glory Box by Portishead (submitted by Erin Cooks)
Yummy by Gwen Stefani (submitted by Christi)
Basket Case by Greenday (submitted by Annie)
No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley (submitted by Carrie)
The Joker by Steve Miller Band (submitted by Jaime)
The Fall by Ministry (submitted by Topher)
Temptation by New Order (submitted by Steve)
Feel This by Bethany Joy Galeotti and Enation (submitted by Angela)
Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin (submitted by Stacey)
Gracie by Ben Folds (submitted by Jodes)
Thriller by Michael Jackson (submitted by Tara)
It's 5 o'clock somewhere! by Alan Jackson (submitted by Marianna)
Go Rest High on That Mountain by Vince Gill (submitted by Jenni)
I'm Shipping Up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys (submitted by Suser)
Chan Chan by Buena Vista Social Club (submitted by Christie)



ok.l AS you can see.. for each song, the first link is the video, and the second link is the lyrics.


I have about HALF of the songs I would dedicate back to y'all figured out, but I have shirked my parenting duties too long this morning already. so the "Back at ya" mix will be posted later today.


As previously mentioned, I am going to make this a weekly feature. so if you missed the opportunity to get in on this, or I brazenly cut your other favorite songs cause you didn't listen.. cough cough.. I mean, because you put more than one song... then fear not; you'll have a chance to suggest other fabulous songs to the small world of the Fever Readers again VERY SOON.


Here's how it'll work. Every Thursday Evening, I will post a new topic for a mix tape. You will have all day friday and the weekend to put your suggestions in. On monday, I will post the collaborated list, as well as any possible links to videos, lyrics, or downloads for your musical enjoyment throughout the week.


I will continue to work on the MuxTape concept. I'd REALLY like to get that shakin', cause face it.. randomly requested streaming audio is awesome.


alright. happy monday, gang... may the music get you and keep you going this week.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

That's a really great list! I couldn't think of one song this weekend! I will try again next time, I promise!

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have read yours for a while now but never commented. I actually don't remember how/when I started reading it but I enjoy it! Thanks!

Porq said...

I recognized 2 songs, Bob Marley and Steve Miller.

Doesn't anybody listen to POLKAS???
EVERYBODY LISTENS TO POLKAS..
"In heaven , there is no beer... etc."

April Fool!! I was kidding.

Something to think about...
GASOLINE costs More than BEER!!
DRINK, Don't Drive!!

OINK

Anonymous said...

i love this idea. have been mulling over my ONE (why you gotta limit me mama) song and now i have it--eureka! get stoked for thursday!

Anonymous said...

So I picked multiple genres for songs... whatevs. Nice mix though. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve.

Marianna said...

Great list, girlie! I'll start thinking of other faves!

:)
M~

Christi said...

Where do you find the time? I barely have the time to read your blog, much less write my own with any themes!