Friday, April 22, 2005

You Ain't nothin but a....

WINNER.


that's right..... Elvis stuck it to RuPaul.

I suppose that's fine.... I was kinda pulling for RuPaul on this one, but with 7 votes to three.... (well, EIGHT to three if you count Memphis Steve as a vote. I wasn't sure exactly what he was getting at, but he mentioned the King, so I'll tally that as a vote) the numbers don't lie.

So la la la.... long live the King... Viva Las Vegas, and all the hoopla that goes along with it.

Young Elvis was pretty much the shiznit of his day..... he definitely had his legions of fans. I respect that. Back then I can understand... to me, being an Elvis fan back then is roughly the same as being a Beatles fan during their days, or even a Dave Matthews Band Groupie these days. Does it border on Cult-like? mayyyy-be.... but it's far better than being that way with Elvis now. I mean, c'mon, people.... let the fat bastard be dead, you know?

But whichever whatever--- Elvis won, fair and square... so congrats, King. May you celebrate your victory with some greasy hash and a bottle of whatever in the after-life.


Speaking of Fat Bastard.... me thinks I'm going to have some wine this weekend.

we're supposed to have a lot of rain this weekend. Not enough for us to be up a creek like Dan, but lots and lots of rain, with some thunder to boot. Sounds like the perfect weekend to open up the blinds, watch the show, and down some vino. Nothing like cheap entertainment and an even cheaper date. I really am quite the catch, huh?

Happy Passover, gang!

No comments: