Friday, April 01, 2005

April's Fools

Well, I know I need to post about the week in Disney and all the wonders of the world that I've seen, but Troy just called and said we're hosting dinner here tonight.


Unfortunately this is not an April's fools joke--- I really have 2 hours to finish the laundry and unpacking, straighten the house, and whip up a key lime pie and dinner. (make that one hour and 45 minutes by the time I'm done typing.)

But I did want to say a very Happy Birthday to my Dad. I feel like a shithead, cause we didn't do anything special for him. He's 60 today. SIXTY.


I know I've only known the guy for 32 (and a half) years, but I can say that during the years I have known him, I think the world is a better place. I'm not saying that cause he brought me into the world, (though that DOES pull some weight.....) I'm saying it because despite his rough and grumpy exterior, he is a kind hearted and generous man. He treats people with respect, and goes out of his way to do things for others. He does what he can to make things good, if at least only BETTER, for people. He's a sandwich guru, a tax man, a music aficionado, and a loyal bud drinker. He is so much to so many people, and I'm proud to say he's my daddy.

so Happy Birthday, Daddy.... thank you for another year of 'better'. I love you!

1 comment:

Marianna said...

Awwww... happy B-day, your dad! My dad will be the big 60 this year too!

Now *crack* get to work, Missy! Hope all turns out spectacularly! (is that a word?!)

~Marianna