Sunday, April 24, 2005

Aunt Flo

George is visiting.
Riding the Crimson Tide.
On the rag.
Hanging at Camp Kotex.
The seven day curse.
Painting my undies red.
Riding the Red Rocket.
Having the painters in.
Blobbing.
That time of the month.
Up on blocks.
My friend is here.
Shark Bait.
Not pregnant this month.
Off the swim team.
Making way for Midol.
Sent back to second base.
and, of course.....
Aunt Flo is visiting for seven days from Tampa.


no matter how you say it.... for the first time in 16 months and 20 days..... I have my period.

ask me how much I missed it. yeah. it ranks right up there with morning sickness.

3 comments:

Marianna said...

I often wonder what the purpose of ME having my period is. I'm fixin to be 34. No kids. No prospect of a man in sight. No prospect of KIDS in sight. Why keep putting my body thru the ordeal of bleeding like a stuck pig when it's not necessary?! And why do I take birth control pills?!

My ex-husband actually used to say this: "My momma told me never to eat something that would bleed for 7 days and wouldn't die." Reckon this is one reason why we are divorced?!

*sending you some pamprin*

Susie said...

Ugh.

I still haven't gotten mine yet - is it worse than you remember? Like is it the worst one ever?

Sending you chocolate, a heating pad, Advil, potato chips and loads of trashy magazines. You may not have time to enjoy them but it's the thought that counts.

Elvis said...

Thanks for that tidbit of info, kid.

For a full reference of what we're all thinking about - see this URL :
http://www.mum.org/words.html

Kid - welcome to the House of the Moon. Say hi to the Wife ™ for me.