Wednesday, May 25, 2005

flowers and birdies and sugar

ok.... I was recently told that I bitch too much in my blog.

Ordinarily, I'd launch into a rebuttal centering around my freedom of speech and this is only a venting outlet so I don't lose my mind, and and and.... but the comment came from my mother.... so I'm going to zip it for once.


For proof that I do actually love my life... I encourage you to read this and this as just an example of my ability to write about good things.

I have quite a number of 'good' posts.... like this one and this one, too.


But I digress.

The irony is that I was going to write about what a good day Rhena and I had today.... and the timing of my mother's comment to me may make this post seem insincere. But I know it was a good day, and that's really all that matters.

Today was one of those magic-holy-shit-it's-all-coming-together-kind of days. There was playing, and hearty giggling, and good eating and a nap, and compliments at the food store, and me fitting into a pair of shorts I haven't worn since Troy and I were dating, and chores done, and a walk to the park, and more good eating, and a tasty dinner, and a goodnight with no crying.... not exactly in that order... but it was all that and more.


The walk to the park was fun, and once there, we had even more fun. Rhena really enjoyed being on the swing. She looked so tiny in the big bucket seat... but she is a baby, so I guess it's natural for her to look small.




At first she wasn't sure what to think of the spring-loaded hippo thing I put her in... but after it started wiggling a little, she was digging it.



We saw a number of dogs on our walk... which pleased her to no end.


We saw geese, and she yelled at them (bah-rar-wah!!! Ah RAR bar rar!!!! ) when they flew away.


We smelled flowers. After she tried to eat one, I decided it was better to not smell them so close any more.


We licked the stroller. ---- oh wait... that was just her...


But overall... it was a good day. It might not have been full of culture, but to see her smile on the swings was kinda like an art exhibit in itself. SO no---- motherhood isn't all that bad.... and days like these are what it's all about.

6 comments:

Marianna said...

Ok, who is this & what have you done with my OTHER friend Sarcastic Carrie?!?! I liked her better. This hearts & flowers crap is for the birds. Puke. lol

So, was this a "planned" day?!?! (see your yesterday's blog)... hahaha... cuz you couldn't have done a better job, chick.

Now tell who ever told you that you bitch too much that we like you that-a-way! Or at least I do!

:D

Me said...

That is definately what mommyhood is all about. I got to hear Gracie do a full-fledged laugh yesterday and that just confirmed it :) Glad you had such a wonderful day!!!

CheekyMoo said...

Well I don't know who said it or why but I've never felt that way reading your blog. I think you have a great sense of humor, and even stressed or when things get you down, you have a great way of finding humor in it.

That being said, Rhena is a DOLL. I love ever picture you post of her. Always. That swing photo is my favorite so far though. She's a doll!!!

I like sarcastic Carrie too, cause I'm Cheeky.

Taylor said...

Great days are good for the soul ;) I hope I have one comin' my way sometime soon!

Susie said...

You know, at the top of my blog it says "This is my blog and I can cry if I want to." The challenges are what makes life (and blogs) interesting. So keep writing about the daily shit (literally and figuratively) because it all balances out. Sounds like a great day. Once the locusts leave here (I expect them after the great flood ends) I need to find Liam a park cause that looks FUN! XOXOs momma!

Tee/Tracy said...

"We licked the stroller. ---- oh wait... that was just her..."

LMAO!

Sounds like a fun day --- and very cute pics!