Thursday, May 12, 2005

American Pie

So tonight is my big cooking class!!! .... not only do I get a night out of the house, but I also get to learn how to make Pizza!!!!


I'm pretty excited. The idea of actually talking to an adult (or two! or three!!) IN PERSON while they're not at their job and better yet... AFTER THE SUN GOES DOWN is beyond fascinating. I think I'm getting goosebumps.


I'm going to ignore the sheer sadness that my soul feels that I am no longer the socialite I once was... that my existence of late has been categorized as a half-step up from chamber maid. I'll even go so far as to shrug off the "people" who call me out on my patheticness.... cause tonight I'm getting a little slice of balance.

and GOD BLESS balance, while we're at it.... right?


I mean, let's face it... even though I had to take Stability and Control twice in college... the one basic thing I understood is that if your plane isn't balanced.... you're not going to fly straight.

People are no different. You get a little too much of anything on one side, and eventually you'll start going in circles.

Tonight I'm getting to shift back to the left a little, and play up my individuality again. Would I have picked a pizza class? probably not... but the class was free, Troy offered to baby-sit, and I know a good opportunity when I see one. See? baby-steps back to Carrie-land.


Am I stressing out about how Troy and Rhena will make out? you're damn skippy I am. ..... but you can also bet that I won't be bringing the cell phone in to class. I might even wear heels and dangley earrings.... just because I can.


last day to vote on this week's match-up, by the way---- represent!

5 comments:

Porq said...

represent ??? DUH.. Are you asking to be RE- Presented( like getting presents all over again?)again ?

I don't know, I just pay !!!

OINK

ps maybe I'm out of it????
MORE THAN USUAL

Marianna said...

mmmmm... pizzzzaaaaa... (Homer Simpson voice... lol).

Have a blast & enjoy the class!

CheekyMoo said...

That sounds like so much fun. The only pizza I like is homemade. I have rarely found a pizza place that I've enjoyed. I'm picky! Today I made my enchilada casserole that my children love, quick and easy, nothing inspiring but if the kids will eat it I'm happy. I hope you had a blast, wore pretty shoes, and had great conversation.

CheekyMoo said...

I asked Marianna about you earlier, cause I've been worried due to lack of updates. I was hoping you didn't get cooked at the pizza class.

I hear Rhena is mobile now. A whole new ballgame at the house of fever. Congrats to Rhena! That made me happy to hear.

And my monkey lost his tooth, and swallowed it. You know nothing normal can ever happen around here. ;-)

Tee/Tracy said...

I totally miss getting out to do "me time". Hope you enjoyed the class. I'm a pizza making expert. (Italian restaurant job for a few years.) I actually love to do it.