Thursday, May 19, 2005

Land of the Lost

so I'll admit... I've been gone for a while.


thanks to all who sent e-mails or posted to check in on me. I was feeling the love, and I appreciate it.


Things are fine here.... as I mentioned earlier... I'm in a pissy mood cause NASCAR is invading Charlotte. I mean... you know it's bad when they use the Amber-Alert Road warning systems to announce the need to prepare for the influx of Race Traffic.


but honestly--- aside from that--- things are going really well.


Rhena started crawling, so 'mommy time' has gotten even shorter. ...another trick she's been doing lately is sitting or standing in her crib when she should be napping. Unfortunately... Rhena still doesn't understand that what goes up, must come down. She's not too keen on learning how to lay herself back down after doing a few laps in the crib.

Oh, and naps are apparently no longer necessary--- my little obstinate Poopy refuses to sleep during her nap times now. I'm still trying to put her down, but I'll be a bug on a winnebago's windshield if she actually gets any sleep.

When she DOES nap... she's sleeping longer... which is nice, but until I figure out when that nap time should be... planning anything is a little rough.

But on the subject of plans.... I met another mom. She's got a baby girl the same age as Rhena, so we're trying to figure out something to do. Slowly but surely... we're getting kids to invite to Rhena's first birthday party!

On the subject of the party--- I think we've (I say 'we' like Troy really gives a shit, or Rhena even knows what a zoo is!!! ok, ok,.... *I've* ) decided on a zoo theme. But both sets of granparents will be here, and we're making friends little by little, so it should be a nice small gathering. of course, I have the food already planned out: BBQ Chicken, corn on the cob, meatballs in red sauce, kielbasa and sauerkraut in a beer soak, chicken veggies and pasta in an alfredo sauce, and then for the cold stuff we'll have lunch meats, breads, salads (potato, pasta, green leaf), and maybe some fruit. and a cake. and beer. But the favors and goodie bags will have fun zoo animal shit like masks and hats.... so the kids should have fun, and we should get some funny pictures at the very least.

In other news.... Troy started a diet, and I've been banned from baking. Can I TELL you how much this sucks for me??? sure, I'm losing weight, too.... but a girl needs SOMETHING in the evening to make up for the day, you know? I guess I'll take up drinking again? It's only been since monday, but I sometimes think I hear the kitchen-aide whispering to me that Troy would never know if I made something during the day and hid it.


I guess that's all I have for now. Revelations ended last night. weeeeeeeak! that's my summary.

time for me to read through everyone's blogs.... it might be a few days before I'm all caught up again... but know I'm getting to you if I haven't yet.

8 comments:

Porq said...

ZOO THEME??

Are you saying that "ANIMALS" are coming to the kid's party?

You did say "BEER" so I guess its Okay!!!!

OINK

Marianna said...

Welcome back to blog-land, girlie! You were missed. Well, if you invite the animals with the NASCAR, that will be a good mix of folks... muwahahaha.

M~

carlotta said...

Glad you're back!

Book Bums said...

I feel your pain! I love to bake but by the time it's done (and the bowl has been licked clean!) I have no desire to eat the finished product. So I usually take it to my husband's office. I get popularity points AND I make room for the next batch...

Carrie said...

awww... thanks, Gang!

Daddy--- there will be enough beer in the garage... fear not!


Marianna-- you just don't know, honey--- you just don't even know! ;)


Carlotta!! thanks babe! did I mention boys are dumb??? ;)

Ang--- nothing was wrong with your browser--- I had written som stuff, but kept it in draft. I finally went back today, did my spell checks etc, and published. but I do like that you were tripping a little!! ;)

oh-- and the bake-ban will be lifted, don't worry!

Carrie said...

hey Zuph-- you popped on while I was typing.

I wish I had that skill. the apple bread gets me every time. I can't rest if there's some in the house!

must...eat...apple bread!!!!

thanks for checking out my blog!

CheekyMoo said...

I love the Zoo theme!! I think it's a great idea, and you'll get some great pics. The food sounds marvelous. Troy's on a diet?! Come cook for me...wait...ummm...go cook for Marianna! LOL

I like that, secret cooking during the day when he's not home. I imagine him walking in..."Damnit woman is that food I smell?!" No honey, it's just a new Glade Plug-In with a Fried Chicken scent. ;-)

Tee/Tracy said...

The party sounds awesome. I always get excited about "themes" and come up with all these cool ideas, but then a few days before I get anxiety about pulling it all together.

With that said - Have fun! ROFL. ;)