Thursday, June 28, 2007

SO close!

Tomorrow... the wait is over.


My dear friend and lovah, Susie is FINALLY going to have her baby boy.


In my time around the track, I have made many many good friends. And I'm not talking the kind of 'good friends' you have that hook you up with discounts or good seats or throw sweet Christmas Socials with grand prizes every year. I'm talking about the friends that send you day-by-day pill cases when you can't stop throwing up and just spent half your check on prescription meds. I'm talking about the kind that you know and hold in your heart, and of course, the kind that have seen you in your pyjamas crying about how just so very fucking tired you are about the topic de jour, and they didn't head for the hills.


Friendships like that are great. Knowing that there's another person or people in the world (besides your mom) that truly support you and validate your existence really make for a good time. The thing about that level of friendship, though, is that sometimes shit isn't so good. Having that kind of friendship and BEING that kind of friend right back means that sometimes you have to witness hurt, sorrow, anguish... and not be able to do a damn thing about it.


My friend Susie and her husband Dan had a long and difficult road in their attempts to become pregnant with their second child. I won't re-capture that journey here, but I can say that it was a difficult road for me as well. Being the friend of someone trying to conceive was not a new thing to me, but there was certainly an extra ache knowing that we started trying around the same time, and month after month as my child grew, my dear friends were at a stalemate. I can't imagine the heaviness THEY must have felt trying to be supportive of me.


But all of that is in the past. (Well, not really... I still have some friends that are TTC... )

BUT.. for Susie and Dan... it is in the past. Tomorrow, they will have another son. His name is still a big secret to the world, but if I listen closely, I'm sure his name is already in my heart.... after all, he HAS been a resident there since before he was conceived.


My thoughts and prayers are with Susie, Dan, and Big Brother Liam as they await the birth of their bundle of joy. We love you!!!

7 comments:

Marianna said...

Congratulations to your friends... this was a beautiful tribute to them.

M~

~Carpenter Girls~ said...

Man, I wish I would have linked over and read Susie's blog earlier! I'm jealous that she is going tomorrow! And I still don't think you are crazy...but I'm holding the jury until we get to meet in Illinois one of these days!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Carrie.
Can't wait to meet Mookie!

Anonymous said...

Crying! All. Over. Myself!

Thank you friend! I love you too! I'd say more but I don't want to ruin the moment with silly words... so thank you.

Anonymous said...

Sob!

You have such a way with words.

Love you!

Angela

Me said...

Awww, what a wonderful friendship you two share! That's awesome. Congratulations to your friend and her hubby.

Liza said...

hi carrie, long time not comment :) just wanted to let you know that i have a new blog

http://cavaland.blogspot.com/