Saturday, September 03, 2005

Born to Be Alive

ok.... so I've posted before about my "Screw-Starbucks-people-need-WATER" mentality.... and I've encouraged you to donate to Red Cross.


Some of you answered with a WELL DUH.... others have expressed personal hesitation towards the red Cross itself.


that's fine... I GET THAT. Well, now there's a way that you can express some charity and get something for it, too.


In this fabulous Blogger community... there are a few outstanding writers who were directly affected by Katrina. and when I say directly affected... I mean... they HAVE NO HOME to go to... they HAVE NO TOWN to go home to.


We're not talking about sending thousands of money to people who didn't have a pot to piss in in the first place..... (again... just express some of the hesitations I've heard and read... I'm still from the train of thought that every person at least deserves food and a safe place to sleep until a shred of normalcy is restored...)


ANYWAAAAYS......

here's the deal. JohnBoy has tuned me into a few blogger-specific charitable efforts that are going on to help other fellow bloggers. That's right... Bloggers helping bloggers.


PLEASE go and check out his site as well as the other sites he lists. Another FABULOUS idea he has going (and I say fabulous cause I came up with the idea... he he he) anyway.... here at CafePress.... you can purchase some baby-related gear to support the Blogger-Relief fund.


if you're a mom, and you blog..... I desperately ask you to find something in this selection and make a purchase. They have t-shirts, sweatshirts (perfect for fall!!!) and diaper bags and stuffed teddy bears and BIBS!!!!! who can't use BIBS???? (Sizes for the gear ranges from infant to kids' sizes.... so no excuses!)



they are reasonably priced, and all proceeds are going to help Katrina Relief funds. Plus... you get something undeniably snarky for your kid to wear.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE A KID... or are a DAD..... there are other styles of Blogger Tees to choose from. Please take a look HERE and see if you can order something.



Another way to directly help folks is over at Melissa's site. She was not directly affected by Katrina, but her town has taken on hundreds of refugees. She has been regularly visiting the shelters and bringing them clothing, food, toys, etc. She has offered to accept clothing and toy donations and bring it to these people who will most likely be living in these shelters for several MONTHS.


Again.... there are soooo many ways to help people.. Red Cross or not. So please take a little time and check out the links I and so many others have listed.

Like the title says... people are born to be ALIVE.... and some of these people are just barely surviving.

Every little bit helps. Thank you.




today's title brought to you by patrick hernandez

6 comments:

gina said...

i am going to get a blog t-shirt... i love them!! and hey if it helps katrina victims, better yet. thanks for the info..

Christie E. Little said...

Ok baby I'm on it. I've given and will give again. I'm so glad you're back and blogging.

xoxo
C

scrappintwinmom said...

Great job girl. I was just over at another blog that got me thinking of stuff that I can donate (since cash is in short supply these days). I've got scads of baby items just lying around that I can donate.

Marianna said...

Great blog, babe.

Thanks for your invaluable advise on donation sites. I appreciate it.

M~

CheekyMoo said...

Phil is so getting a bib. He tried to be talking to me about knocking me up today. Ha! That will teach him!

Marie said...

Carrie, thank you for this and getting the word out. I'm on it and will do as much as possible to help.