Wednesday, June 01, 2005

June-Bug

rain rain go away----- we're going crazy and want to play!!!!


GLOOM!!!!
NASTINESS!!!!!!
BOREDOM!!!!

*sigh*

I'm trying to think of something to do in this crappy weather, but all that's coming to mind is finishing the laundry and going to the bank. and the moving claims. bleh. all need to be done, but they just aren't as fun as going for a walk.


oh well. .....balance.


I've noticed that the word "Balance" has been my mantra lately. I've fully accepted that there's no way I can 'do it all'.... and I just have to set more reasonable goals for myself each day.

I guess in one way, it's like I'm in a whole new job. I mean, I am.... but I'm talking like in a new workplace. I've found that whenever I would start a new job, I would over-commit to projects and tasks, and burn myself out, trying to get everything done each day. Then, as I become more comfortable in the assignment, project, or job... I'd make more reasonable expectations and goals, and found I was more successful overall.

So I think I'm getting to that point in this role as a mom. Sure, the basic and important stuff is getting done.... rhena is dressed, fed, changed, and entertained every day... I shower, dress and feed myself and troy every day.... I manage to do a fair amount of cleaning each day, too....


but some days I have to choose between grunt work and playtime when rhena naps. Eventually I'll get to a point where one of her naps is time for me, and the other is for cleaning, but I'm just not that focused yet. Today playtime is winning, but it's just the morning nap. after all... why do now, if I can put it off til later???

so much for balance!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I haven't reached that balanced spot yet, but I'm closer. Hope you get there!

Tee/Tracy said...

Rain stinks. Good luck on the balance thing. If you get it, feel free to rub some off on me. ;)

CheekyMoo said...

It doesn't rain here. So my vote is you move in with me.

I'll be way better than Troy. You can cook and bake, I'll never complain, or expect you to put out. Unless you want to. LOL Hope the sun shines soon there!