Wednesday, June 08, 2005

and innnnnnn.... and ouuuuuuut......

well... I've made it to the middle of the day of the middle of the week.


surprisingly... no specific motherhood challenges today as much as life in general.


got all the father's day and birthday cards bought... which feels good to have that monkey done. Granted, I still have to fill them all out and send them away, but at least they're bought. $47 at hallmark... and it's not Christmas... yowzer. I was thinking we'd get off easy for Father's day cause both of my grandfathers are dead, and Troy only has one still living... but I guess the birthdays (and graduations and baby showers and baby births) negated any dead savings. oh well... what goes around comes around!


so then Booger and I went food shopping... they had a sale on slimfast so I bought 8 six-packs.... I know, I know... can you say ridiculous??? but still... the stuff has been working... (slowly... but it's been working, so why mess up a good thing??) .....got all sorts of other stuff, too... and then even more stuff on top of THAT.


so as I was pushing this cart back to the car, I was honestly thinking how awesome it is that we have the beer fridge in the garage.... not that it's always filled with beer (though I suppose by the way I talk you'd think I had an IV into the stuff...) ----but seriously... the extra fridge is handy. it really helps me only go major food shopping every three weeks or so... cause I have extra stocking room.

Granted, freezer space becomes a premium when mom and dad come down and make pier-dogs... (I'm talking about pierogies.... I just call them pier-dogs...).... which... by the way.... has only happened ONCE... in Nevada.... so I've been feeling a little slighted. ----perhaps this summer I can convince Mom it's in her best interest to come and bring/make the magic of Pier-dogs to Casa Johnson.

but I digress.


So here I am, $230 of groceries later.. thinking how nice it is to have the extra Fridge...


Yes, Operator??? Can you get me Murphy??? We need him in Carrie's life on the double!!!


This is so painfully obvious... but wouldn't I be a nickel on a dog's ass if there was something wrong with the fridge when we got home. Oh yeah... freezer stuff defrosted and everything... son-of-a-NUTCRACKER!!!


So now I have a screaming child (or should I say hungry-tired-ass-hurting-screaming child???) and a shitload of groceries that will NOT all fit in the regular fridge....


*sigh*

so I looked at the fuse box, and did all the stuff you're probably wanting to tell me to do... turns out there's something wrong with the outlet itself... and the reset button associated to said outlet.

scream scream scream...... YES RHENA.... I KNOW YOU'RE STILL THERE!!!!!


so I said screw it to the food, fed the babe... changed her, milked her, and introduced her to my friend THE CRIB. ......ahhhhh... silencio.


ok... so yadda yadda yadda.... we have no extention cords that are three-pronged and long enough to plug the fridge in elsewhere, so I packed up a cooler with whatever ice that was in the in-the-house fridge.... and got pretty damn creative with my fridge packing. (read that slowly... I said FRIDGE packing... not fudge!)


so right now things are being chilled and frozen again.... but the fridge looks like we're going to be bunkered down for a year. oh well... I did my job... Troy said he would look at it when he gets home. I asked if he wanted me to call someone (like I said... there's something jacked with the outlet itself, and my NON-electrician ass is NOT going to try to play Mr Wizard....) but he said no... *he'll* look at it when he gets home.

2 bucks says he tells me to call someone tonight.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...Carrie, what a day! At least you still have your sense of humor, right???

Susie said...

That's when you say WTF and start eating ALL the ice cream. Screw the Slim Shady shakes!

Jewl said...

Those are the days that I sit and the floor and cry and wonder why I got out of bed...LOL... Hope you are doing better. By the way, my favorite four letter word is C.R.I.B. ;)

Christi said...

Here's to tomorrow being AWESOME!!!

Porq said...

Something wrong with the outlet?

Call CARDER ASSOCIATES !!!

You have the number in your pocket.

OINK

Marianna said...

Holy moly! $230 in groceries?!?! Sighhhh guess it's a good thing I'm single. Lonely, but single... lol.

Hope your day is grand!

Melissa said...

What a day! You kill me! LOL! I saw your comment on my blog...you used to work for Amazon? How cool! You must e-mail me and tell me what you did there!
Sorry about the freezer. I have a nasty freezer story I'll have to blog about...lol

scrappintwinmom said...

OK: Here are your interview questions!

Carrie's questions:

1. I've read your blog, and more than once I wanted to shout "Carrie! Get out of my head!" we're so on the same
wavelength. So let me ask you this, and let's see if we're still on the same page.

Is motherhood everything you thought it would be? How does reality differ from what you thought it would be when you were pregnant?

2. You've lived in different parts of the country - Daytona, Seattle, Reno, etc. For every city you've lived in, give us one word that describes each one.

3. What did you do before becoming a stay at home mom? Do you miss it? Would you go back to it if you could?

4. What one thing have you learned about yourself, thanks to your blog?

5. A theme that keeps returning in your posts is that of balance. Do you think you've achieved it? If so, tell us your secret!

CheekyMoo said...

At least you can laugh. Sorry sweetie, I hope it gets better for you. I have some slim-fast if you want it. Wait I need it. Or should I send it to the cow-worker? I'll send mine, you send yours, and you and I will eat ice cream and feel all better! Hugs sweetie, feel better and take care of yourself.