Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ten minutes in Heaven

some days things just work out perfectly.


Today, I had ten minutes of pure delicious-ness that I won't soon forget.... and for once, I'm not talking about food.



This morning, my little boogie cuddled with me for ten minutes.


let me repeat that, cause I doubt you can even begin to understand just how awesome this is to me....


RHENA CUDDLED WITH ME.

BY CHOICE.




At this point, there are a few voices in my head that are refusing to just shut up.. they're the ones that tell me that she cuddles up to me every night when we say her prayers, and then how could I forget of all the times she clings to me like the forgotten dryer sheet....

but this time.. this morning.... something was different.



there were no tears.... there were no ulterior motives.... she wasn't tired and ready for bed.... she just gave me some loving. BY CHOICE.



Readers... I assure you... having that little booger just lay quietly with me under a blanket for ten minutes was like a week's vacation. Every inch of my body felt refreshed and as if it had a drink of pure sunshine and flowers. My spine unraveled, knots loosened, and my forehead uncreased.

for ten whole minutes, I knew my place in the world, and it was no where else but right next to me.


for ten minutes... I was not needed as much as just enjoyed, and the silence was a symphony in my heart.


for ten minutes, I wasn't worried about her weight, or my weight, or hurricanes or bills, or what was for dinner, or the zit on my forehead, or laundry, or anything at all for that matter.



for ten whole minutes... I was in Heaven. I was under a blanket, laying right next to my beautiful baby girl, and we were quietly enjoying each other's company. Heaven, I tell you.... pure Heaven.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was too cute, Carrie. I am glad you got some lovin' from your monster. Hope she does it more often - you deserve it! :)

Susie said...

You know it's funny. Liam has been getting much more cuddly with me. Today he wanted lots of lovin' and I just gave in even though I should've been trying not to share germs. Yay for Mama lovin'!!

CheekyMoo said...

So sweet. I love those moments. :-)

Me said...

Isn't that just the best? I love it when Gracie does that too. It totally reminds me of why I love being a mommy!!!

I'm so happy she gave you snuggles :)

Marianna said...

*ahhh* what a wonderful few minutes to have with your baby girl!

M~

Book Bums said...

Beautiful post...

Jewl said...

I just started getting the Lovin' too... I am soaking it up just like you. There is nothing like those little arms holding you tight and that cute little head laying ontop of you... I don't ever want to forget that feeling!