Friday, February 18, 2005

Wagons Ho!

well--- it's the last day here in jersey, and I'm getting ready for another trek with the munchkin.


does the word DREAD have any significance to you????


let's just say I'm PRAYING for an easy drive. the drive up here wasn't too bad considering the ice storm we had the night before I left, the hail storm in virginia and the blizzard in DC I had to drive through... then of course who could forget 90 straight miles of blood-curdling screams every time the car was in motion??? that was reeeeeeal swell.

In attempts to avoid having to stop every 15-20 miles to calm the beast down (only to have her start crying once we were moving again)during the last leg of the drive... I plan on leaving my parents at 4:30am.

I mean, I suppose it doesn't matter WHEN I leave--- if she's pissed off, I'm gonna find out---- but I would like to get to the new house during daylight hours. NOT that I'm a little frightened of driving down a 1-lane highway that goes through the woods in NC, but-----

there sure be a whole lotta red-necks out in them there woods, and quite frankly--- country folk scare me.


sure--- I should be over the whole red-neck phobia by now--- reno was a breeding ground for 'em. But yet--- this is a whole new breed of red-neck I'm dealing with. Not only do these ingrants like their 80's rock, mullets and camaros (or pick-up trucks with hound dogs and gun racks).... but now I'm dealing with a group of folks pumped up on sweet tea and Nascar.

I didn't see TOO many rebel flags when I was there, but still---- I question just how at-home I'll be feeling when my Ultra Dance volumes 1-6 cds are spotted in my car on my way to a scrapbooking party and the girls are asking for conway twitty.... aww---- I shouldn't worry---- it's not like I'm really ever going to go to a scrapbook anything!!!!


But despite my fears of the drive itself and how I may or may not fit in when we get to the new digs--- I am really looking forward to being with Troy again. ...Aside from all the husbandly reasons, I'm looking forward to not being a single parent anymore. Yes--- my parents made things as easy as they could while we were here, which I am so very thankful for..... but bottom line... Rhena is my responsibility, not theirs.


So I admit--- I am not dreaming of sexual encounters with my long-lost husband... I'm dreaming of sitting on a chair, downstairs.... BY MYSELF.... while Troy changes Rhena's diaper or gives her a bath. or, or--- here's another----- him CARRYING her in that heavy ass car seat! (true, my dad offers all the time, but I'm afraid of him hurting himself so I always am racked with guilt if he does carry her) so yes-- guilt-free carrying! SWEET!

but first things first. today, I must pack, and tomorrow I drive.


I mean it this time when I say I won't be posting in a while... between the drive down, getting settled into the house, and well... spending some alone time in my new kitchen (I can't wait, I can't wait!!!!) I'll be busy next week.

So take care, kiddies--- I'll miss you! Til the next time----

XXOO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOODLUCK Carrie! Hope you make it out with your sanity.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about your new house AND all the new red-neck friends you'll meet!!! :) Hurry back online! And be careful driving!

Anonymous said...

Hey Momma! Hope all is well on the road. And don't knock sweet tea-have you tried that stuff? That will get you through a day after the monster has had you up all night! Say hello to my home state and get back online soon. Oh, and give the kitchen counter a kiss for me.