Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Lurking

ok--- confession time.


I'm a lurker.



yup. I randomly go to people's blogs (by hitting the 'next blog' button in the top right hand corner of the screen, and I read. if I like what I read, I read more. then I read comments, and read the blogs of people who made the comments.


I'm not sure if it's curiosity as much as an addiction, but it reminds me of when I was doing the whole internet dating thing. I pretty much read EVERYONE'S profiles. It was like I needed to know what other people were doing. guys, girls--- didn't matter. I guess ultimately I was wondering how I 'stacked up' against the competition.

and blogging.... well, there's certainly no competition in blog land, but yet.... off I go, checking out what other people are doing!

sometimes I leave comments, but mostly not. I *do* have a three-read rule, though.... I guess it's my own little dating system? Anyways--- I never comment until I've been to a blog at least three times. commenting on a first visit??? sorry--- I'm not that kind of girl!

but in the other sense... if I go to a site at least 3 times, I figure I like the blog enough that I'll probably come back even more. If THAT'S the case, I feel it's only proper to comment, as any further lurking might border on stalking.

All in all--- I blame Dan.... he was the one that tipped me off to the random blog button.

but it's fun, and reminds me of just how small I am in this big ole world of ours. and you never know... you might learn something new (two or three days ago I random'ed on some site about domestic discipline???? yeah... I managed NOT to bookmark that site!)

But yeah... learning new stuff, meeting new peeps.... it's all good. And you never know.... maybe, JUST MAYBE, my six degrees of separation to Brad Pitt may reduce a little and I can set him up with my best friend????

No comments: