Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sunshine in the rain

today, I was in line for the drive through at dunkin donuts, and a woman TOTALLY cut me off. hard to explain the actual logistics, but when I looked up from clipping coupons to give her a quizzical look (read "did you just cut me off, bitch?) she realized she made a mistake.


and it was an innocent mistake.. on account she wasn't paying attention. but either way.. now she was ahead of me in the drive-through lane. she did some frantic arm waving (read "oh my god I'm so sorry, I'm a total dumbass") and I smiled from my car and waved her ok.


turns out she gave the cashier $2 to put towards my order to apologize for cutting me off.

who says the sun can't shine when it's raining?

4 comments:

Susie said...

That's sweet! Here in MA someone will cut ME off then flip me the bird. Gotta love Yankee hospitality.

I did pay for the coffee in the car behind me a couple of times during the holidays. I feel kind of bad but in the Starbucks drive-thru line I asked what they ordered first... difference between a $2 coffee and a $5 macchiato.

Anonymous said...

i am still reeling from the drive-thru dunkin donuts! maybe if we had anywhere to drive-thru, we could pay for one another's drinks. and susie, drive-thru starbucks? i might never leave my car! it's nice to know that people are still nice, somewhere out there!

Choppzs said...

Nice..but I would have been like "Dude, I deserve like 20 for that!" lol

Christi said...

Wow, that was sweet.