Monday, May 02, 2005

Matchup de Mayo

ok.... is it me, or is it MAY already???????


good gravy. what the hell has happened to this year????


But it's cool. I'm excited that we're in a new month. I always love the beginning of a month. ....well, except today--- I'm having a rather crappy day in terms of my husband having no freaking clue on what goes on around here during the day, and his grandiouso way of inviting people over with one hour's notice for me to serve lunch during the very time that I feebly try to get rhena to eat solids. and then calling when I'm trying to put her down for a nap to ask if he can go to a nascar race.


but I digress.



It's monday, so it's match-up time. Now, I'll be the first to admit... the whole shark-bear thing was pretty weak. ....but that was last month, so let's move on, shall we???


This week we celebrate a very important holiday in any bar-hopper's life. -----Just about as close to a Mexican St Patty's day as you can get--- this week, we celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Now if the few remaining functioning brain cells serve me right, this holiday celebrates the Mexican Independence day, or something of that sorts?

All I know is it's a fine chance to get caught up on chips and salsa, and cervezas and of course... tequila.


so to kick our month off right... I present the ultimate Margarita Matchup----

FROZEN
vs
ON THE ROCKS


Time to find out who's driving your bus, gang..... so sit back, put in your vote, and enjoy your drink.... whatever it may be. this is gonna be a fiesty one!!!!

el dingo.... el dingo!!!!!

9 comments:

Marianna said...

Can we celebrate my b-day too?! lol

Ummm... since I really don't drink te-kill-ya, this one's gonna have to be a gut instinct here. I'll have to use my 2 cents worth of scientific knowledge I have. I'm gonna say ROCKS cuz I'd like to think they will stay solid longer than frozen will. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

*HICCUP*
:)
M~

Porq said...

I vote "ON THE ROCKS"

I think this contest is about drinking "MARGARITAS" and being a BEER drinker, I never learned how to "sip" a drink ERGO...
Frozen margaritas are made in a blender and creates a "slushie" drink while a regular margarita is shaken with ice in a cocktail shaker than poured into a drinking vessel. Being an old crotchety dude that I am, I get "BRAIN FREEZE" from slushie drinks so just to preserve my own well being(other than destroying my liver!!) I shall vote "ON THE ROCKS"

OINK

Elvis said...

On the rocks, con sal.
Done correctly, with each passing 'rita, you will use less and less "mix" and eventually be drinking straight tequila.

Well - this happens to me, anyway...

Susie said...

OMG on the rocks. Frozen is for wusses! Plus it fills you up faster and waters the drink down more! Rocks rocks! Smooches!

Nick said...

I'm gonna have to go with frozen. Yes, yes... I realize that it is against the massive amounts of "on the rocks" fans that are in the audience. However, I do no cooking whatsoever and I own a blender for the *sole purpose* of creating mixed drinks. Hence, the frozen ones get my vote since they give me the opportunity to justify my purchase. And I'm all for self-justification, as well as using anything with rapidly spinning blades... it just makes any party better.

The Life of Bill said...

Gotta go with the rocks with a little salt around the rim....and just like big D said if you do it just right by the end of the night you're drinking straight Cuervo and loving ever second of it!

Carrie said...

alright--- I'm breaking my own rules here and am voting.

I'm am SO FOR frozen!!!

face it-- I hate tequila... never have liked the taste of it, doubt I ever really will.

BUT... with frozen, you can start masking the taste with other fabulous flavors like mango, strawberry, kiwi, or all of 'em mixed toegther.


somehow a strawberry margarita on the rocks sounds...well.... gross.

so call me a wussie... it's cool.... my Friend Jack Daniels will beg to differ.

carlotta said...

Like many of you, I just say no when it comes to Tequila.

Picture it, my 21st birthday, lots of Tequila shots, a very strange game of twister, and waking up under the bathroom sink the next morning with my tongue stuck in a 2-liter Sprite. I saw the Te-Kill-Ya monster that night and he scared the crap out of me (and gave me a hairy tongue for days).

But, on the rare occasions that I'm in the mood for a Margaritas I usually do drink it on the rocks. If it's all the same to you guys, though I'd rather just stick to my Jack Daniels.

CheekyMoo said...

At this point as long as it's strong, I'll take it.

But when it comes to my margarita's I guess I'm a wimpy wimp, I want em' frozen. Nice and slushie for me.