Thursday, May 05, 2005

I got some digits!!!

well... yesterday may have been a bust in terms of no culture, but today was good!


Yeah... yesterday was spent by the phone waiting for the whirlpool guy to show up. (our dishwasher had a recall, so a person had to come out and replace the heating element) The service agency said he would be here between 8am and noon, and that he would call before he came over. if I didn't answer, if he got a busy signal, or the machine picked up, they said he would assume I am not home, and we would need to re-schedule. at this point in my head I'm screaming "bullshit!!!" but the fact remains that it needs to get done, and it's not like I have to take a day off from work or anything, so whaddarya gonna do?


so at 11:57am I get a call from the kid, and he says how he's running an hour late. greaaaat. figures. on my museum day.


so he showed up at like 1:15 and was here til after 2. by then Rhena needed a nap or was already down for one, so the day pretty much was in the can.

I did get to hit up hallmark and buy like 100 mother's day cards, which were then promptly signed, addressed and taken to the post office today.


****side note****

me thinks the funniest thing I ever did see is the sight of rhena creeping around the floor like a tugboat, farting louder than her father. GOD!!! I LOVE this kid!!!!!


Back to today....


I worked it, dear readers! My unending stream of flattery to a little girl in our swim class has paid off, and her mom and I exchanged phone numbers today!!!!

I'm pretty excited.... they live in the same town as us, and they also have no family nearby. .....not that I'm LOOKING for people with no family close by... but I've found that people who don't have family at their beck and call typically have more free time to hang out. Plus they understand the frustrations that come with the territory. (not saying that there are no frustrations with family nearby... I'm just speaking from understanding a point of reference through similar experience.)


wow--- how's THAT for PC???? yeah... not really my style, is it? .... but the point is this...... I MET SOMEONE!!!!!

So today was a good day. Kinda makes up for the fact that I will not be fiesta-ing tonight. ......well, I suppose the puke-free evening is also an added bonus.

ARRIBA!

6 comments:

Susie said...

Yay for digits! It feels good doesn't it? Just take it slow and don't invite her for a sleepover on the first date.

Carrie said...

good advice, susie... but she's already seen me naked!!!

....gotta just love those women's locker rooms! NOT!!!!

Leesa said...

I was in the same situation when we moved to Montana! All my friends are in TX and my hubby travels for work.
I was so excited to finally meet a few people to do things with.
I'm not overly social by any means, but it was nice to just meet someone who had the same interests as me and get together every now and then.

Marianna said...

I loved how you were having an entire blog conversation with yourself.

Girl, why does it take FOR-FRIGGIN EVER for your blog to load up?! Do you have any idea, btw? Am I the only one having probs with your page?

M~

Susie said...

Carrie- your page takes a while to load on my laptop too - if you are interested... not sure why?
and I just realized we have almost the same pose in our profile pics. And the same color shirt.

Single white female? I'm stalking you! BLAH!!!!!!

LOL TGIF! I'm losing it!

CheekyMoo said...

No sleeping over on the first date? Where's the fun in that? Just get her drunk... Seriously, hope it works out. I know it stinks when you move somewhere and don't know anyone. Keep complimenting babies. When people compliment my kids it makes me warm up faster to them!