Monday, October 13, 2008

Thank You Momma GT

ok... no secret I'm in a blogging funk lately.


Thanks to Momma Ginger Tree for tagging me. more thanks for it being easy. The rules are to choose the sixth photo from your sixth album and post it along with a description or the story behind it. There's no rule saying I have to tag anyone else.. so even better.


I went on to shutterfly, and my sixth album happens to be the birth of Rhena. The sixth picture is one of me laying in the hospital bed.. moments after another voracious puke session. I'm gonna spare you that picture, cause really? do we NEED to see me big and pasty? didn't think so.

So since I'm bucking the rules, I'll endow myself with bad luck and pick picture #13.


This is the very first moment I saw Rhena. September 17, 2004. She was eight days late, and after being in the hospital with contractions for about 18 hours... her heartbeat kept dropping. Despite the 12+hours of pitocen, my dilation hadn't progressed past 6cm . and did I mention we were told the baby's heartbeat was getting weaker?

We went with the C-section, and had an amazing nurse in the OR who took these pictures for us. I can't remember his name, but to have this picture? it's been a wonderful gift.

See her arm hanging down? she was reaching towards me. I didn't get to physically hold her until about an hour later.. but that moment she reached out was the instant she grabbed my heart.

She just turned four last month, and to this day... when she looks at me a certain way or reaches out helplessly yet purposely? I'm right back there in the operating room in Reno... unable to move yet soaring in space; just from her love alone.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

That is so sweet! You labor sounds like mine. 24 hours of pitocin and I couldn't dialate past 5 cm. So I opted for a c-section. I'd had enough.

Thanks for playing along. Glad to be able to help you get out of your funk. It's fun to go look back at old pictures. And thanks for sparing us from the barf picture. :-)

Marianna said...

This is beautiful...

:)
M~

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful.
Nice to see you back btw.

Mom2Amara said...

Isn't it amazing how one look or gesture takes us back to the day we became 'mom'?

Wonderful post.