Monday, November 01, 2004

when the saints come a' marchin....

well--- for those of you Catholic Fans out there... it's All Saints Day.

I haven't given much thought to Saints since my Confirmation, except maybe a few times along the way. There's a shitload of them, though. So many, in fact, that the Saint of the Day website has more than one listed for each day.


While I find this entirely comforting to know that there have been so many people that were so damn good in their lives that they were named to be Saints... it also makes me feel so ashamed that I am NOWHERE near being a fraction of what these folks were. But--- SOMEBODY has to make other people look good.....

In essence, Saints wouldn't be who they were if it weren't for people like me. So... on All Saints' Day.... I'll give my props to the peeps who done good.... but I'll also, in my most unable-to-EVER-be-a-saint-way..... pat myself on the back for helping them get to where they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a saint. All hail Saint Carrie- patron saint of wild and crazy women who love food.

Love ya!

Fergie