Thursday, August 19, 2004

Stopped Watch

so my husband got me a new toy...... I guess he figured I needed SOMETHING to play with, seeings how this kid doesn't want to come out and play.


he got me a stopwatch.


I know it's so I can time the times between screwdriver manias, but I've found it quite useful for doing other things.


like timing how long it takes me to go down the stairs (18.3-something seconds)

or get up off the couch (30 something embarrassing seconds)


it's well over three minutes to get a new steaming cup of non-labor inducing raspberry tea if the kettle is full

and another 35.28 seconds to get UP the stairs with aforementioned cup of non-labor inducing raspberry tea.


but I digress.


Time's up! I kind of feel like a cross between a fat Flavor-Flav and an olympic coach, but my accent at best is only central jersey, so I think I'm more akin to an early 90's rapper. I DO like the way it swings from one side of my belly to the other... even funnier when the monster moves it. I truly am stylin' and profilin'.


I'm sure I'll find plenty of uses for this watch well after my own personal labor day--- Diaper changes will take on a whole new self-improvement regime.... new personal bests for leaving the house (penalty minutes for forgetting the kid, of course).... then when the kid is older.... forget about it! I can't WAIT to bust it out 16 years from now when the kid comes in after curfew!!! moo-haa-haa-haa


well, until *I* become my child's public enemy #1, I will continue to annoy the living hell out of anyone that lets me time them doing things.

No comments: