Monday, August 23, 2004

Dreams of Susan Lucci

ok---- so how is it possible to dream about a person that you don't even know? Well, I have to blame my friend Susie for mentioning something about Susan Lucci looking as good as a 30 year old, even though she's like 79 or something ridiculous like that.


you see... though I've heard the name and have some sub-conscious recollection that she's some actress that it took 50 years to win some soap opera award.... I have NO IDEA who this woman is.



yet--- she plagued my dreams this weekend.


Yes, it was an all-star, all-Susan Lucci weekend, folks.


everything happening in my dreams was either for or about Susan Lucci. Lunch, driving... some movies... I couldn't escape the woman in my sleep. which again, might I add, is weird, cause I don't even know what the woman looks like.


I think at some point last night, her wonder-twin power transformed her into the old lady that's starring in some princess diaries movies. But that (again) provided no comfort, as while I know what THAT woman LOOKS like--- I have no freaking clue what her name is.

There was also a fuzzy moment on Saturday night that I wanted to name the monster Lucciano. I decided on it so we could buy our tickets to go home for the christening... it made sense... it was a family-inspired name, and we could call the kid Lucky if it was a boy, or Lucy for a girl. yeah... OH-KAY..... now I'm ITALIAN in my dreams????

Life (or my dreams, at the very least) were much simpler when I was younger. All I had to worry about back then were the alligators next door that wrestled me when my brother and I played kick-ball. But alas--- my days of hanging out with reptilians seem to be over. I've moved on to dinosaurs of the human kind.

SO I dunno--- who woulda thunk it. Susan Lucci. I finally looked her up this morning on the net. She is old---- they wouldn't even list her birth-year on any of the websites I looked up. She's probably got more plastic in her face than I had in my wallet in college. But I'll give her credit--- she does look good.

Sad thing, though--- I've already forgotten what she looks like. I just hope I can forget about her altogether by tonight.... or at least move on to some other old woman like Angela Lansbury or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie! That old woman starring in the princess movie is JULIE ANDREWS!!!! Of 'Sound of Music' fame! Mary of "mary Poppins'!!!! You should know your New York buddy is good for these things:) Sweet dreams hon. -Jody

Anonymous said...

Carrie--Please continue to post as long as you can handle it. I am enjoying your writings amidst midnight banter with my own porcelain god of pregnancy. (NOTE: This is not to say that your writings make me puke---but rather stir within me the growing anticipation and anxiety that a new life brings to anyone...) Love you (and share in the grief and joy that the monster brings....) Debbie J.

Anonymous said...

Carrie--Please continue to post as long as you can handle it. I am enjoying your writings amidst midnight banter with my own porcelain god of pregnancy. (NOTE: This is not to say that your writings make me puke---but rather stir within me the growing anticipation and anxiety that a new life brings to anyone...) Love you (and share in the grief and joy that the monster brings....) Debbie J.