Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday's Match-up... 4-4

ok... so I was watching the Contender last night, and as usual, Troy and I placed bets on who we thought would win. This week he picked first, so I got the cute Bible guy. well--- my guy lost.


So this had me thinking about who should face who in today's matchup... should I go with some type of Preacher theme, in honor of my fallen Bible Thumper?? Well, as luck would have it, a Burger King commercial came on and distracted me. So I though... maybe I should pin the king versus the old Mac Donald???

Lost in a sea of choices, I envisioned a big wheel (like at a carnival) with people's names on it... I could just spin it and let the wheel give me a name each week....

that's when it hit me.....



WHEEL


OF


BOXING!!!!!!



I decided to make my headliner this week the one and only Pat Sajak. ahhhh, but against WHO???


Vanna is all too tempting, but to keep things somewhat evenly matched up... I decided to go with Alex Trebek. You figure, they're both hosts, and typically one show follows the other's....


so ladies and gents... this week I give you, for your game-show pleasure:


ALEX TREBEK vs PAT SAJAK

what is ding ding?


Can all of those endless trivia answers formed in the phrase of a question help Alex outsmart Pat?


Has all of the years of wheel spinning given Pat an amazing left hook?

Just who will win the battle of the pre-primetime gameshow hosts??? Only you can tell, folks....


DING, DING..... let the voting begin.

7 comments:

Marianna said...

Oh dang.. this one sucks, because I love Alex for his brains, yet Pat is eye candy. So do I go for the brains or the looks?

For once, I don't go for the looks... I say Alex. I love a man who can keep me guessing. No pun intended.

If it had been a contest of the burgers, hands down, McD's. Although, I found a new favorite at Jack in the Box over the weekend ~ Bruschetta Chicken... mmmm.

~Marianna

Marianna said...

omg... Tinkerbell is soooo darn CUTE!

M~

Susie said...

Hm...not sure they'd even have to put up fists - they could just bore each other into submission. Pat Sajak is almost as plastic as the new Burger King guy. Alex must be smarter - how could it not rub off being around all those smart people. So I'll take Alex for $400.

Porq said...

Pat "the POLACK" Sajak will whoop-up on the Canadian... eh??

Now take off eh?

AND remember.. HOCKEY was cancelled this year so what good is CANADA???

POLSKI POWER !!!!

The Life of Bill said...

Alex all the way-he'll drop the gloves and pummel Pat while he is distracted by that goofy chick who turns his letters....

carlotta said...

I've got to go with Alex. He was in a dream I had once and to this day it's the scariest dream I've ever had. So Alex it is 'cause he's one bad ass MoFo!

Elvis said...

I would love to go off the board and say Wink Martindale, but that may not be allowed. Hell - even Monty Hall or even the grand champion of THE most exciting hour on television - The Price is Right's Bob Barker.
As I see it - this fight is as weak as a round of Battle Tops. They'll spin around each other for a while until they get tired and both will fall down, MAYBE after bumping into each other a couple of times.

If I really gotta choose - I would go with the Canadian. Growing up with hockey HAD to have taught him something about fighting. Go Alex.