Tuesday, April 26, 2005

All Swim

ok... so first of all----- how is it that 30 minutes of swim class takes 2 hours to get ready for and approximately 1 hour to be done with?


don't answer that.... I already know. It's called my morning.


So the swim class itself wasn't too bad. I didn't meet anyone yet, but there are enough moms and dads in the class that I'm bound to strike up something with someone. Rhena seemed to enjoy the water... once she got over being freaked out by the whole experience, that is. Big pool + little baby = "mommy, what the hell did you sign me up for???" as she clings tightly to me.


But despite her doubt in my ability to hold her in the water, and my choice of environments to expose her to.... I'm proud to say my baby didn't cry.... but I almost did when I realized how purple her lips were from the water temp. But towards the end of the half hour, she had warmed up to a slight blue. all that splashing musta got her blood flowing.

but on to things I learned today.


1... those swim diapers do NOT hold in pee.

2.... they do hold in poop.

3... a lot of it.

4.... it's probably wise to have a going-there outfit AND a going-home outfit, if you want your child in dry clean clothes for the ride home (see #1)

5... Family locker rooms at the YMCA are a big cluster-fuck

6.... Rhena does not like to be changed in cluster-fuck situations.

7.... Swim diapers are a pain in the ass to put on a child who's newest joy is kicking and trying to stand up.

8.... Those easy-tear sides they mention on the packaging? lies. all lies.

9.... I'm glad I wore the one-piece.

10.... I wish other women did, too.

11.... this is going to be a long five weeks.

4 comments:

Marianna said...

hahaha... I bet that was a lot of fun!

When I was stationed overseas, we would go to the beaches in Italy a lot. There were PLENTY of women that I wished would wear a one piece. Instead, oh yeah, they'd wear a one piece alright. Just the bikini bottom! Forks! I need forks to claw that image outa my eyes. And the body hair?! Uncontrolled. And that's on the women! GROSS!

Hope you have fun! Can't wait to hear about the stories!

CheekyMoo said...

LOL I remember the good old days of swim class with baby. I will say it's a wonderful thing, as neither of my kids are afraid of water, and both can swim like fishes. Some of those bathing suits are just not pretty. You'll have a good time and she'll love it!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
business continuity planning jobs financial services mortgage refinancing miami13594 mortgage reduction program mortgage loan refinance home loa what is a tuner car mortgage used cars web houston company mental health services medicare incident to tax lien certificates

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» »