Thursday, August 18, 2005

Boogie Oogie Oogie

so YESTERDAY was fun..... NOT!


Poor Boogie was running a fever. Now, I know all the moms out there are going to be all "shut up, bitch"... but this was the first time Rhena had a fever.... EVER.


So I was a little distraught. I mean, I was fine under the pressure and all, but it was still a challenge dealing with a crying, clingy, floppy 11 month old all day.

today she seems better... no fever so far, so that's good. NO IDEA where it came from, so I just chalked it up to "one of those things that half the world will blame on teething".


Tuesday night I actually got a free pass from Troy and met up with ladies from my neighborhood to play BUNKO. I had heard of BUNKO before, but had NO idea what it was about or how to play. all I knew was that it involved dice, drinking and eating. As you can imagine, I couldn't sign up fast enough!!!


It was a fun night... only 2 1/2 hours, but it was great to meet new ladies from my neighborhood, and I enjoyed cheating on my diet a little. Scored some digits from a really cute fun girl, and managed to get on a mailing list for my development to be told about other goings ons. SWEET!


oh--- speaking of sweet.... Hawaiian-style bread with spinach dip is AWESOME!!!!! I've always had it in sourdough rounds, but my friend who was hosting the BUNKO thing served it in a Hawaiian loaf... WOW!!! I definitely need to have some more of that!!!! ....when the diet's over, of course....


Invitations are finally printed and mailed, so that monkey is off my back. ( HAH! get it??? MONKEY??? ahhh... the slaying continues!)


As for today.... Johnson-ville has officially become CONSTRUCTION-ville. We had our 120-day walkthough last month (or, so maybe it was more like 420, but who's counting?) anyways... today's the day that ALL (yes I said ALL) of the contractors come in and fix the stuff that didn't seem quite up to par and is covered under warranty.

I appreciate the fact that it's all one-day-get-er-in-and-get-er-all-done, but I'm feeling a little like a rest-stop here with so many people coming in and out! Rhena is also currently hating the flooring guys cause they have some sander-tool that basically sounds like everyone within the nearest MILE is going to get an appendage cut off. Oh, and did I mention that it's POURING out? so not only has our street become a literal PARKING LOT for a construction convention, but there's a small mud-river flowing down the street which means all the contractors have said mud on their shoes. *sigh*

So that's about all for me. it's currently so loud, I can't even hear rhena crying, so I'm going to sign off and maybe take the booger upstairs. Besides.. there's someone else at the door....


This is Carrie Villa, and you've been reading This New House....




today's title brought to you by A Taste Of Honey - 1978

9 comments:

Jewl said...

Glad the little chicky is feeling better. Fevers suck, there isn't too much you can do but wait it out.
I HATE that when people blame all your kid's problems on teething... One of my biggest pet peeves as a mother so far!
I am jealous, I never ever get ouit... except yesterday, I ran out to get a haircut while the Turkey was napping. Big Whooop! LOL

Marianna said...

Aww... I'm sorry to hear about your baby girl!

BUNKO ROCKS! I LOVED LOVED LOVED playing it! And yes, it must be a BUNKO thing cuz I had the awesome spinach dip in the hawaiian bread. I ate so much my poop was green! Hahaha

I know, TMI.

God luck, hon!

M~

Marie said...

Ooooh! I love Hawaiian bread with spinach dip. Mmmmm

I'm sorry that Rhena had a fever yesterday but glad to hear that she's feeling better.

I'm glad you had a good time at Bunko and met up with a cool new chickie. I played bunko once and it was fun! :)

Susie said...

Sounds like you should break out the chafing dishes and have a party with your crew! Fun times! Sorry about the little babe's fever. They aren't much fun. Glad she is feeling much better! Musts be all that good momma LOVIN!

Me said...

Hawaiian bread is yummy!!!

I don't think I've ever heard of Bunko....am I missing something...lol.

Taylor said...

Mmmm spinach dip! I love that stuff. I swear I could live off of it, but it's got like millions and bizillions of calories and fat! LOL!

Glad you got to have a ladies night out. I have never played Bunko but hear people talking about it all of the time. Maybe I should buy it and try!

Hope Rhena stays well :)

CheekyMoo said...

Kings Hawaiian Bread is about the best thing invented in this whole world. Damn I miss it, and damn you for making me think about it!!!

Glad you're back and hope the house gets fixed soon. Max ran a fever when he was getting is big ass molars in, so I hope that's all it is.

Christi said...

I heard of Bunko when I lived in Lancaster, SC, right near you, I believe. I was going to play with a friend from work, but I'm not sure why I never went. Oh well...

I hope your little one is feeling better soon. Mine didn't have a fever, but she has been a pistol all day, and cried everytime I put her down! Not fun.

I just had those Hawaiian rolls for the first time a few weeks ago. They are GOOD! I do believe I will be having them again! I'll get my hubby to bring me some spinach dip from work and check that out, too!

Unknown said...

Mmmm...Hawaiian bread. Thanks so much Carrie! :)