Saturday, March 05, 2005

How Pathetic am I???

ok--- so not sure if anyone has noticed or not, but about a month ago or so, I put one of those little counter thingies in my side column.


this little number gives such hope to a blogger like me.... while I fully realize that it's not an accurate depiction of how many hits a day I get on this site (go on--- hit refresh... see how the number went up?) but the fact remains is that the number actually DOES go up....

that means, in some random force in the universe, someone is finding my site. I also would like to mention that I'm aware that the majority of my hits are from the few folks that regularly read my incessant ramblings.... you guys are the bomb-diggity, by the way....


so for the regulars---- God Bless Ya. If you stumbled across here by ways of a random hit, or scoping out my site from a comment I left somewhere else... I appreciate you swinging by.


so anyways... this happy heartfelt shit is not the purpose of my blog. what I'm acutely aware of today is just how much of a nobody I really am.

...So the stats thingy--- it also shows me on my log-in page what they consider to be my ranking, both in my category of entertainment, and overall. (Mind you, this is just within the community of peeps using the tracker thingy.... in the even wider world of blogging (non-stat-trackers-included) I'm infinitesimally smaller)

so out of curiosity... I checked out my ranking today. I am ranked 3028 (out of what appears to be 20350 participating sites) which may not sound too bad at first glance. Upon further inspection, however, I find that I'm only slightly better ranked than the following blogs (descriptions in italics)

"All About Computers And The Internet"
A site all about computers and the internet. This site also has forums that you can use and some very fun games.

"Basel Childbirth Trust"
The Basel Childbirth Trust offers information and support for pregnancy, birth and parenthood to enable all parents to make informed choices.

"vom Blaurasen Rottweilers"
Located in Northern Kentucky. Code of Ethics Breeders. German Bloodlines. We follow the FCI standard. Our goal is to acquire and produce dogs that are of excellent type, sound temperament, willingness to work and are of correct structure.

"Western Nebraska Regional Airport"
western nebraska regional airport providing passenger flights to and from scottsbluff nebraska

____________

It's nice to know my site is more popular than the site that gives 3 people in Nebraska information a week.

but again... I grab hold of my Queen of the Pathetic title when I see that the Hillsdale County Agricultural Society still has me beat. those bastards!

oh well---- on the bright side.... at least this still gives me time to think about who I want to portray me when someone finally makes the movie about my life.

2 comments:

Marianna said...

Good morning, Carrie! I am sooooo very glad to meet you! I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so kind & commenting on my blog. You are a complete stranger, but you took time to let me know that I will survive this crappy situation. I'm forever grateful to you & to all my e-pals. Y'all are so good to me. I've bookmarked you so I can come back & read more about you & your blog. The fact that I've had so many supporters helping me, holding my hand & rooting me on these last few days is truly amazing. I feel like smiling for once in such a long time. Thank you Carrie. You're awesome! And your baby? A-stinkin-dorable!

Hugs to you!
~Marianna

Marianna said...

I took some time & read some of your blog tonite. You are soooo friggin hysterical, woman. Seriously. I needed a chuckle & sorry to say, but you describing baby poop was a scream! Glad you like NC... sounds like an OK kinda town!