Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Contend This!

so..... I've been watching the newest batch of not-so-reality TV, and I'll admit I've been hooked on the contender.

It's a decent enough show... kinda like boxing-lite, since the matches are only 5 rounds, and you're only getting about a minute, highly edited version of the round.


but it's had me thinking, and now that I have connection to the internet again--- I'm going to institute a new segment to the Cze-Johnson site.


Each week, I'm going to offer up two figures... some real, some imaginary--- some alive, some dead.... and I'm going to allow you, my dear readers... to be the judge of who would kick who's ass.

Based on the comments received, we'll crown a winner each week.

So as my first offertory for a match-up, and considering that tomorrow is St. Patty's Day.... I feel it's only appropriate that our contenders represent a corner of the ole Blarney Stone.

So this week--- I give you:

St. Patrick vs Bono


I personally feel this will be a tough match---- While Bono has been awarded Esquire's "best Front Man" and has recently been named to the rock and roll hall of fame with his mates in U2.... St. Patrick is.... well, a SAINT..... AND has a holiday named for him.

SO... I'll let you be the judge. cast your vote, feeling free to give as much or as little justification you deem necessary.

Ordinarily I'll give y'all a week to stew on it, but since it's already wednesday.... I give you today and tomorrow to vote. Winner will be announced, and appropriately crowned on Friday.

So DING DING--- let the fight begin!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bono - hands down.

missed you!

Anonymous said...

forgot to mention - CUTE picture!

where does the time go??? I have no clue.

Marianna said...

Bono hands down... *swoon* *drool*.

You were missed! Glad you're back, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to go with bono here cause what was it st patty did again? run some snakes out of town? bono rocks AND meets with world leaders. raises money for good causes AND swears on live tv. snakes? ha! bono could charm them, no doubt!

Porq said...

ST. Patrick, Ask ol'man Murphy!!

STP had snakes = cool
Guns & Roses had SNAKE = cool

bono = ???

Good looks don't mean squat, ask ADRIAN, but Rocky was a "FIGHTER"

OINK

Elvis said...

St. Patrick would remind us of how Bono got his name in the first place. I don't think I have to get graphic here, but I'm sure the U2 lead took it hard before he could afford the hired muscle.

Saint Green has got everything on his side. Straight up - the dude is medieval. Bad shit went down back then - and that's all he knows. No fancy candy-ass Tae Bo or Jut Kun Bo Dae Woo stuff - just straight up 'I hit you and you die' mentality. Bono had better hope that they were related, 'cuz that's the only thing that might save his sorry crooning hole.

Lastly - and sure shit ain't least - Pat has somebody in his corner that Mr. Hall of Fame can only daydream about. We're talking the Big Man, Yahweh, Jehovah, Our Father, El Padre del Christo.. G.. O.. D!
Divine wrath is a beautiful thing - damn straight Patty will rain it down on Boneface.

After that, with a long whistle of pity and shame, the Green Master will sic his snake mob on him. Rattle and Hum on THAT, bitch!

Do I even have to mention the caber toss? oof...

Go Pat!

carlotta said...

I hate snakes so I'm going with Patty.

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susie said...

I vote for St. Patrick! If it weren't for him Bono would a snake herder! A sexy songbird snake herder, but... nonetheless!!

Anonymous said...

I vote for St. Patrick! If it weren't for him Bono would a snake herder! A sexy songbird snake herder, but... nonetheless!!

Anonymous said...

Oh definitely St. Patrick! If it weren't for him, Bono would be a snake herder somewhere in Ireland. A sexy singing snakeherder but... nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

Yeah so I had some posting issues... EEK! What a blogger spaz I am! I was getting error messages so I didn't think they posted! So sorry!!! PLEASE feel free to delete all but one (to hide my dorkiness - please!!!)