Friday, June 03, 2005

The Great Pearly Gates

or maybe just a pearly white.

*sigh*

my baby got her first tooth. I guess she is going to end up looking like a little girl afterall.... and not some little old man. First the bald spot grows in, now teeth.... next thing you know she won't be shitting herself anymore!

but ahhh.... her first tooth.


life is good. Bring on the steak!


We had a playdate planned for today... a mom I met at a block-party.... but unfortunately they cancelled on us, so we were forced to deal with another grey and gloomy day here in NC. inside the house. again.

Just as well, though --- the baby was sick, and the mom had some stressful stuff going on. I've been cooped up in here so long that I might have... strike that... I most definitely would have been too much for this poor mom to deal with. By 2:30 today, I hit the last wall of craziville and decided to hit up Babies R Profit.

got some baby-proofing shit... though I'm sure it'll be another month before I figure out how to work the stuff.... maybe Rhena can teach me.


other than that... same ole same ole.


It's Friday, so that's kinda nice.... one more week til my friend gets here.... Because she reads this blog I can't say that I'm secretly hoping to get her piss-ass drunk and take funny pictures of her....

oops.


no--- I'm just kidding.... but I am looking forward to having her here. it'll be good times, no doubt, and a definite pre-cursor to a reunion thingy we have coming up in October. so hooray to the one-week count-down!


Well--- it's now after 7pm, which means it's beddy-bye for the pooper.... and playtime for mama.

night night dear readers... don't let your baby's new tooth bite!!!

6 comments:

Marianna said...

All this is fine & dandy, but you failed, my dear. So a big fat F for you. See my previous comment.

:D

Wish I could make a toothy grin... but I'll give you a high-five on your cutie patootie's 1st toothy anyway! She's a peach... even if she only has 1 tooth. Now, don't let her bite ya with it! OWIEEE!

Susie said...

Oh my God can you believe she has her first tooth! Yahoo! Liam looks like he's going to be count dracula with the 4 pressing through he gums up top.

I bought babyproofing stuff like 2 months ago and haven't done a damn thing. We are getting gates tomorrow. Ugh. I'm sad my house is about to turn into Alcatraz.

Have a good weekend momma! XOXOs

Me said...

They grow so fricken fast, don't they??? Gracie's had the pearly whites, but don't need any baby proofing junk yet! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Carrie said...

Good lord, Marianna!!! hows about you send some cookies to ME, and we'll see what magic I can make!!!


Actually--- better not... I'm on my LOVAH's bad list cause her bannana bread is still in my freezer..... tsk tsk... shame on me! I don't deserve cookies!

Liza--- it's do or die time!!!!

Beth--- have a great weekend, too! enjoy the Baptism! take pictures!!

Marianna said...

You want cookies, m'luv? I owe Angela a batch... I know her child bearing hips need some anyway. Plus she has this new growth on her head... lol.

IT IS NOT A TUMAHHHH

I can split a batch & make you some!

CheekyMoo said...

Awwww a tooth. Where's her droopy eye, and yours? I did one! LOL

The baby proofing. Yeah, she'll figure it out long before you do. Personally, I found that crap to be a waste of money. Other than the under the sink chemicals I don't think I ever locked anything up. I did have a baby gate, and I busted my ass tripping over it more than once. Rhena's a smart chicka like her momma, she'll have all that stuff figured out in no time.

I had a friend who used to let her daughter play with a pill bottle full of M&M's. I really never did understand the logic behind that. Because she's gonna grab for some tylenol and start swallowing it like it's candy? That kid will be in rehab when she's 7. ;-)