Sunday, October 02, 2005

Day of Rest

And on the Seventh Day... she rested.



ok... so maybe that's not exactly how it goes, but damnit... I'm pooped.


Troy has been working late the past few nights, and when he works late, I usually stay up until he gets home. Thusday night he got home at 1:30am... ug. Friday was another late night cause the CEO of the company he works for was in town, and last night we had more company over. Couple in a VERY wiggly baby girl in church this morning, and bitch bitch bitch... I'm tired.


but oh well. the GOOD news is that the guy who troy works with is with his wife right now on the way to the hospital... looks like she's about to have their baby girl. This makes me happy for a number of reasons. First, and most selfishly... the fact that this guy isn't at work today means that Troy will only put in a half day today, and we might actually get to see each other today. (longer than 15 minutes, that is.....) But the other happy stuff is that a new baby is coming into this world, and oh... what a miracle that is.

Another reason why I'm happy is actually for the couple having the baby. Their last child was born at thirty weeks, and that little boy had a helluva first year. From being in the NICU from day one, to getting gangrene of his intestines... this poor little boy has had more surgeries than some adults. These days, he's the happiest little fellow you could imagine... really a sweet boy.... and a TOTAL boy at that. I suppose once you go under the knife a few times, you tend to lose fear for the every day stuff like heights, running, PAVEMENT.. etc etc etc.

But my point in all of this is that Susie (wife in labor) was due to have this baby on October 6th. Being only 4 days early this time means baby girl has a higher probability of being healthy from the get go.... and THAT thought makes me happy. After what they went through with the last one, they deserve an easy go this time around.

Which leads me to my final thought today. Well.. final thought for YOU guys... I may actually manage one or two more thoughts again in real life before today is over.... but I digress....

Anyways... this new baby makes me think about life in general.... especially mine. Sometimes shit is hard. and sometimes that shit sucks, and you don't think you're going to get through it, and it consumes you and you obsess about it.... but sooner or later.... things change, and things start going good again. Our figurative "day of rest". We relax. we enjoy. we recharge.

Granted, this philosophy would lead one to believe that we can count on things going to the shitter again, but that's ok in my book. To me, it just means I have to really enjoy the good times when they're good, and not lose pace when things are bad.... cause eventually shit will turn around and be good again. So that's my though. .....it may not be profound, but what do you expect... I said I was tired.


enjoy the weekend, kiddies......

4 comments:

Marianna said...

Best philosophy ever...

M~

Susie said...

Thinking good things for Scrapper! And you as always, my friend! MUAH!! You sound GOOD.

Chief Slacker said...

Girl, you have blog template ADD or something. You change it once a month or what? hehe.

Anyway, hope you're having fun resting! :O)

Jewl said...

Glad you had some rest. You sound better, I hope you are. Missed ya.