Monday, February 07, 2005

Soup or Bowl Sunday

Gotta say--- as much as I would have LIKED to have soup or have gone bowling yesterday... neither happened.

Instead, I watched some football for a few hours.


I think last night was the first time in a while that I JUST DIDN'T CARE about what was happening on the boob tube. I *TRIED* to pay attention to commercials, cause everyone knows superbowl commercials are the best... but again... I must have missed the good ones.

the 2 quarters that I watched left me so apathetic, that I actually didn't mind sitting upstairs with the monster while it took her over an hour to fall asleep. you've got to figure that the networks will play the shit out of the best commercials in these next few days anyway, so again, I say no biggie.

yes, the whole event has left me feeling like I need a good bowl of soup. I mean--- let's face it. when you can't muster the energy to be excited about the superbowl, there's NO HOCKEY, and the only thing coming UP is auto racing.... well--- like I said... it leaves me with a cold, nasty feeling inside that sometimes can be fixed with a nice bowl of soup. or bowling.

call me crazy, but those Polack roots really took hold with me, and I LIKE bowling. Screw the big Lebowski (DUDE)...we've got twelve letters of maiden name power up in here. I'm actually looking forward to north Carolina cause the workmate of troy has a kid who bowls. call me pathetic that I'm looking forward to bowling with a 10 year old, but hey... Rhena hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet.

speaking of the pooper--- tomorrow she's meeting the big apple. that's right-- my travellin' baby and I are going to a sing-a-long class. I shudder to say the words, because of all the yuppie connotations behind it, but yes--- Rhena has a playdate. I don't want to say too much, cause if my friend realizes the grave error she made by inviting me to a SING ALONG class... the invite might be rescinded. ....so...... more about that tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to go see about that soup.

No comments: