Friday, February 25, 2005

Ponderosa

Well--- we made it.


all in all, the trip was a little over 10 hours, and this time Rhena did great. I, however, thought my eyes would pop out of my head from the lack of sleep (only 3 hours the night before) but we pulled into our new driveway around 3:30pm this past Saturday. sweet.

I'm up to my ears in boxes, and taking care of Rhena and unpacking is proving to be quite the task.

also---- Troy finally got the internet working properly last night, so I thought I'd take a break from the unpacking and check in.

SO since I don't have too much time to type--- I leave you with the things I've been thinking about last week. They are in no particular order, but have definitely stood out in the brain-bone at some point during my lack of connectivity to the triple W.


1- I've been absolutely lost without mapquest. Babies R Us has turned into a mythical place south of Charlotte that I still can't find.

2- Why is it that every time Rhena wears a Winnie the Pooh outfit, it turns into a major shit-party??? please, people---- stop buying her Pooh outfits. ---- her ass is active enough... I don't need any encouragement for her!

3- EVERYONE waves to each other down here! It's like we're all riding around on Harleys. I suppose it's nice and friendly and all that, but right now it kinda creeps me out in a Stepford wives kind of way.

4- Cardboard box-induced papercuts are the WORST!!!!

5- I finally have TiVo and don't have it set up. talk about a dangling carrot.

6- NASCAR is freaking EVERYWHERE down here.

7- I don't like my new food stores yet. the best one seems to be a store called Harris Teeter, but to be honest, I can't stop calling it Hairy Peter. we'll see.....

8- Two Words.... SWEET TEA.

9- Why in hell is Fear Factor doing a show with Omarosa???? shouldn't she have just gone away by now? I hope she hits her head again.


10- I love my new kitchen.

ok--- the monster is calling. y'all come back now, ya hear?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie! Welcome to the South, honey! Sweetie, sugarpie..... LOL! Glad you guys made it safely, and enjoy unpacking. It sucks.

love you gal!

jenni

Anonymous said...

Carrie!

Have you tried sweet tea from Bojangle's? Oh how I miss the Bo's! And Harris Teeter is good, you'll get used to it. There must be a Whole Foods near you too. Don't get lost in the boxes-come up for air every now and then.

Love you-
Jody
PS Dov sends kissed to Rhena

Anonymous said...

Carrie, so glad you're back! We missed you bunches.
Glad your drive went okay and that you're finally back with Troy.

I have to agree with the others...sweet tea is AWESOME! Enjoy! :)

Kelli