Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bunch of ANIMALS, I tell ya!

so as promised.. here are a few pictures from the zoo.



I definitely feel like this was NOT one of my best ideas ever. I mean.. the zoo WAS enjoyable, and overall it was so nice to share the experience with my folks... it's just that the zoo is MUCH further away than I remembered. like REALLY far away. like over an hour away. which I SUPPOSE isn't too bad, but when sitting between 2 carseats (me), teething (danny), getting ready for a 9 hour car trip the next day (my folks) and being impatient in general (rhena)... perhaps taking on the zoo was a little more than I had bargained for.

no matter. we went, we had fun.


we saw animals, and even saw the creatures of wildlife. seriously.. there's nothing like going to a public place in the middle of red-neck NC to make you feel educated and slender.

Drawbacks include capturing the BACK of everyone I love in the majority of the pictures I took. I mean, sure.. I COULDA hopped the big wall to stand behind the lions, tigers and bears so I could get the FRONT of rhena's face... but.. uhhh. no.



loved the irony of Danny MOWING down on animal crackers the whole day.



Merry-go-Round was a must for Rhena.



we all did a lot of walking, and were a bit pleased to make it to this sign indicating it was all 'downhill' from there.




like I said.. it probably wasn't my BEST idea for an outing.. at least with the timing, but when I see pictures like this one below, I know that it was worth it.




.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day despite the whole "getting there, getting back" part. A nice memory with your folks is what will alst the longest.