Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back

Given the amount of time it's been since my last post, I should PROBABLY have a really long post stored up in my head... but to be completely honest... there's not much of ANYTHING up there these days.


I've been a complete DUMBASS lately when it comes to the calendar. seriously.. you could probably hold a big one right in front of my face and I'd still get the date wrong.. it's been that bad!!! I attribute that to having been on the road for the past two weeks, but really that's just an excuse. The bottom line is that I have been having severe focus issues. prehaps Rhena is rubbing off on me??

so anyways.. I've been on the road for the past two weeks. We took a trip up to jersey to visit the family, and it was long overdue. My neice and Godchild made her first communion (which, as you may guess.. to a CCD teacher like me is pretty awesome shit!). Other highlights from the trip include getting to see my cousin Rachie and her daughter, seeing my grandmother and Aunt Ann, Danny cutting a tooth, drinking some wine (!!!!!) with my best friend one night, and taking a mini-trip up to boston area to see my dear friend Susie, who is due with her second baby in a few weeks.
Lowlights were getting a flat tire on my way BACK from the boston area, NOT seeing my girlfriend Jody and her new baby girl, rhena waking up every day at about 5am, danny SCREAMING for a total of about 5 driving hours, and of course... having to say goodbye.

I probably COULD go into great detail of the trip, but one tone resonates through this echoing head of mine.. and that is that I am such a blessed person. I have a great family that loves me... and friends I cannot imagine being without.

and I guess that's all that really matters in the end, right? here are a few pics; enjoy. more to come soon.
















6 comments:

Choppzs said...

I love the kiss on the head picture! I am assuming that's a Gramma??? lol I love how the love just shines through that pic though! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love 'em! Bet you are glad to be home! We miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Carrie. Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

The one of Liam and Rhena hugging almost made me cry!! So sweet.

Marianna said...

Oh such great pics! Love them all!

M~

Christi said...

I just read all three posts in a row, so I have no idea which one I'm responding to when.

Cole's not sleeping through the night, either. It kinda sucks, b/c I have a paper route, so Trey has to deal with it, and he's not so good at that. We're working on the whole food thing, too, but slowly, b/c I'm not ready to have to stop to feed him every few hours!

I want desperately to get on a diet. I want to do Nutrisystem, but I gotta make some bills go away or something before I can. I've tried to eat better, but it just ain't working. I need to be told I HAVE to! However, I have to go get a long overdue diabetes check (since I was when I was prego), and I have the feeling I might be told I have to diet then. Ugh!

I LOVE your pics! I can't decide which one I like more.

Oh, and I'm jealous your kid has a tooth! Cole just drools and drools and drools...and nothing...