Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering One

I've made mention before that i was going to take part in the 2996 movement.


This is a small effort on my part to pay tribute to one.... just ONE of the too many persons that died on September 11th five years ago.


Robert T. Twomey is dead now because of the terroist attacks on the World Trade Center.

He was 48 years old, and is survived by his wife Marie and their two sons. There was a very nice write up of him in Newsday and due to my hormonal state, I doubt I could do much better.


I can't do the justice here that Mr Twomey deserves. When I think of losing my husband, or worse, Rhena and my unborn child losing their father... I get angry. and this post shouldn't be about anger. it should be about remembering just one of the many great lives that were still on this earth on September 10, 2001.

one by one... they shall not be forgotten.

Robert Twomey is not forgotten.

Rest in peace, sir. I believe I would have liked you.



8 comments:

Sassenach said...

Permalink created for the 2996 database.

Thank you for posting this tribute.

Jewl said...

Very nice tribute... May they all rest in the peace that we all long for here on Earth...

Marianna said...

Beautiful tribute on Patriot's Day.

M~

Choppzs said...

Great post. I like how you were honest and forthright, yet were so respectful!

Anonymous said...

You're awesome. :) This entire project has just been amazing.

Me said...

Wonderful post. May God bless everyone who has lost and may all who passed rest in peace.

gina said...

reminds me of this red copper like bracelet i wore in high school for a POW/MIA> his name was leon hunt - i will never forget when we went to DC and i saw his name on the wall. sad....

Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are heartbreaking stories and difficult to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

Bless you...