Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Old, New, Borrowed and Blue




Have you seen this button in my sidebar yet?


if you click on that button, it will take you to a website that has been set up to pay tribute to all the souls that slipped away from us as a result of the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

Essentially, this tribute is aiming to get 2996 blogger volunteers... with each blogger paying tribute to the LIFE of one of the 9/11 victims. That's right... one blogger for every person that died.

I'm still learning more about the whos and whats of this.. but all it takes is a blog, and one post remembering and honoring one person's life on September 11th of this year.

I believe I've mentioned it in the past, but I'm not one to agonize and mourn death. Death is sad and often cruel. I am the type of person that would rather celebrate the day a person was born than to mourn the anniversary of the day they died. This tribute seems more in the spirit of how I roll... except that the tribute will occur on the day the person died.

but that's ok.


I wasn't in new york or dc or on a plane the day of the 9/11 attacks. and while I can't even BEGIN to imagine how I would feel had I had a first hand account of the events that took place; I know that there are people who survived and will never be the same. I'm one of them.

I don't take life for granted, and I certainly recognize that not everything is in my control.

but whatever. it doesn't really matter what I think.

I implore you, if you're a blogger... to go and at least click on this link. Search your heart, and if you can... please sign up to take part of this tribute.

6 comments:

Marianna said...

What a wonderful idea... I will check this out.

Carrie ~ thank you so much... you are such a generous spirit.

Much love,
M~

Porq said...

Nice Job!! Okay, a few people got snuffed on 9-11.

Does anybody really feel bad for a mother and car load of kids that gets wiped out by a drunk driver??

Happens all the time, but is it the same???

Drunk drivers that kill people should get a better PR man cause really, nobody gives a shit about the victims other than a , "OH, that's sad!!"

Celebrate the living!!!

and I still love you!!

OINK

maybe 9-11 is a hoax like the holocaust???

Carrie said...

marianna--- so good to see you online; my thoughts are with you during this shitty time.


daddy--- it's completely SICKENING to think there are STILL people today who claim the holocaust never happened, and I shudder to think that ANY mass genecide or slaughtering of innocents can be 'swept' under the carpet. I know you agree with this.

as for drunk drivers; you're right. they do FAR more damage REGULARLY to innocent people, be the result death, permanent or temporary injuries. But who can we point the finger at? Until every person who drinks (even if 'just one or two') is prohibited from operating a vehicle... I'm afraid people will continue to needlessly die.


I know I can make a difference by not driving after drinking, nor allowing others to do so... but again. I can only control so much. After all... people like grandma murph are still allowed to drive, and drinking or not... that's a scary thought.

Anonymous said...

carrie- this seems like a very nice idea. it is always a challenge to figure out what to do on the anniversary. i particularly like that there doens't seem to be any particular political bent to the sponsoring site. it seems that each year that passes, the anniversary is politicized more and more, a fact i find especially interesting if you examine who the people in the sites of the terror attacks vote for versus who ends up making decisions for them. so thanks for putting all that aside and helping to shift our focus back to where it should be this year.

Jewl said...

I will check it out.

Celebrate life...Celebrate all our military has done to keep that life, our way of life. 9/11 is never far from any of our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

When I get a few minutes I will check it out.

HUGS