Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

hey gang...


sorry I've been MIA for a while.



As previously noted, I've been having Family Invasion 2006.



Troy's folks left on wednesday and were replaced by the presence of MY folks about 9 hours later.

SO far, the visits have been wonderful. Troy's folks had a great time, and even though we didn't take a lot of pictures, will be leaving with lots of good memories.


and once MY mom and dad were acclimated, my mom got down to business prepping all of the things we're going to FEAST on for Easter. Daddy did the usual and tried to stay out of the way, and went food shopping. Today we set up the assembly line and make the pierogis. I'll report in another day with the final total, but when the Czernikowskis get together to make pierogis, it's usually on the magnitude of 20+ DOZEN at a time. booyakasha!!!


As for things in Johnson-land... things are smooth. Rhena is Rhena... what can I say other than I love my little boogie??!?!?

Troy has been interviewing for another job, and pretty much is at the point that he's waiting for an offer letter. I'm really hoping that the offer will be a good one. I saw their benefit package and nearly shit myself. It's amazing how when you go for 2 years of paying your own medical insurance, just HOW appreciative you become when you think of company sponsored insurance that INCLUDES dental and vision, and has a zero dollar deductible for only $100 a month for our FAMILY.

but the other good stuff is that Troy would be in a REAL job.... around other people... in downtown charlotte. I'm thinking taking boogie on our museum days and meeting up with daddy for lunch kind of days... like real people do. I'm thinking about how he would no longer be working an average of 80-100 hours a week.... and that in itself can make my head spin with delight.

Anyways... we're being hopeful on that.


And today for me personally is a big day. I think of Good Friday, and it marks a culmination in all I have been reflecting on the past few weeks during this Lenten season. I think of what today represents... the day that a man named Jesus was crucified to a cross and died for the sake of others. And being the little CCD teacher that I am, today means so much more, but I'm not going to turn this into a religious lesson. I know everyone has their own beliefs, and others out there can surely find error in something I say... but my point is that today.. for me.... I remember that someone gave up His life for the sake of others, and that's pretty darn huge.

So today... every though my OWN path in life has not been a shining example of humanitarianism and morality.... today marks a time when I remember that *I* am not dead yet, and every day is a new day to try again.

And today, I think of you, my blog friends.... and I am thankful for your association. I think of all of my friends who love me despite my faults, and I appreciate them. I think of SO MANY of you who have very real problems and heartaches but manage to get up each day and make another go of things.


So despite what religion you may or may not practice, today..... I wish you ALL a peaceful weekend, and that each day brings about the faith in yourself that you CAN rise above whatever beats you down, and find a way to start anew.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Happy Easter!

Crossing finger and toes and prayers for Troy and this heaven sent job.

I've never had a pierogi in my life.

Enjoy the weekend being surrounded by people you love and that LOVE YOU in return and know that many out here love you too.

MUAH! Chocolate bunnies for everyone!

Hi To Porq & Mom. Is Elvis and clan coming too?

PS John Boy's pictures of the chocolate bunnies..hilarious!

The Life of Bill said...

Hope you guys have a great Easter weekend-pass on the "good lucks" regarding the job hunt to Troy for me!

Marianna said...

I've never had a perogi either.

I wish y'all a very Happy Easter & could you please take a picture of Rhenna dressed up for us? :D

Best wishes for Troy, too! OMG that would be so awesome for your family! Sending you all my hugs, chick.

M~

Elvis said...

( cue the band - we're doing a Good Friday rendition of a Beach Boys classic...)

BA - BA - BAAAaaa
BA - BA - BAR - ABBAS!
BA - BA - BAAAaaa
BA - BA - BAR - ABBAS!

Oh Bar-ab-bas, take the stand
Bar-ab-bas
Sanhedrin in the know
We want to let you go
BA - BA - BAAAaaa
BA - BA - BAR - ABBAS!

And please - sing it with Passion.
Make those perogi!

Porq said...

Wesolego Alleluia !!!

And a big "AWWWWWWWW" for all those out there who never had a pierogi!!

I'm sure there is a person out there who can make a KICK-ASS pier-dog but..if you're (basically I'm talking about the Murph's recipe and technique for POLSKI PIEROGI!!)holding all the aces, how can anybody else win??

Someday all of you may get to VALHALLA.. but you're not gonna get any of my pier-dogs!!

OINK

Porq said...

Not to sound pontifical, but I know of a first-born who gets away with a lot of shit in his life... JUST LIKE BARABAS....

eh.. reminder you of anybody???

Besides the PORQ!!

OINK

Wesolego Alleluia!!

Anonymous said...

BEST of luck to you & Troy!

Happy Easter to the little punkin as well. I'll be thinking of you all this weekend.

Unknown said...

Happy Easter!! Have a great weekend (mmm...pierogi!) and I'll keep my fingers crossed on the job for Troy. We buy our own insurance too, so I SO know where you're coming from there.

Christi said...

Hey, ummm, I'll totally pray for your Troy to get said job...if you'll pray for my Trey to get the job he applied for, which also has some nice benefits and would take us home where I want to be. Plus, he would work regular 9-5ish hours, and not 4000/wk, much like your Troy. Then we could both be happy wives!

Christi said...

PS-I'm going to be up in Lancaster on Sunday. I'm so sneaking off to your house to find out what a pierogi is!

Anonymous said...

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/2006/04/the_emancipatio.html

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love you back.

Laura said...

What is UP with that last effing comment? Hey happy Good Friday, here's some spam, baby....with a disco ball and hot pants, no less!

I know who Barrabas is. ;)

And you know what else, Carrie? I am one of little faith, but this post really struck a chord with me. Thank you for that. I bet your rock the faces off your CCD students.
~L.

CheekyMoo said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter.

Me said...

Wow I think this is the longest I've seen you go w/o blogging! LOL. Hope you had a great Easter too!

gina said...

any news??? just for the record, "I" blogged 3 times in two days! LOL get on it girly.

~Carpenter Girls~ said...

Oh my god! You make perogi's too? My family has this stooopid nickname for me, the Perogi Queen because I'm the only one left who makes them from my great grandmother's recipie. Yeah, the first time I attempted cooking them, I hand made my dough. We're talking smashing it on the counter and kneeding it and everything. 3 hours later when I put it away until the next day because I was too tired and my arms hurt I realized I had a freeking kitchen aid mixer sitting on the counter across from me. Let's say I was a bit unnerved!
I usually end up with about 12 dozen myself, and dang it that is alot, but I can't believe you make 20 dozen! Go girl! Honestly I think the only reason my number gets so high is that I bribe my mom to come over to help me roll dough and keep feeding her wine so she doesn't know how much we've made. (evil grin) Hope you had a good easter, and hug a boogie!

Anonymous said...

OK, so this is like 20 UNIQUE comments I think!
I kind of got confused but I THINK so!

SO HELL YES I HAVE CZE BINGO!

Card #11
Big box

Unless like something totally happened to you.

I hope you are okay girl!

But if you are?
BINGO- woo woo!

gina said...

BLOG PATROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadi said...

sweet post. Crossing my fingers for that job!!