Monday, August 22, 2005

Stayin' Alive-- Week of 8-22

Well, you knew this was coming. it's been too long since the last match-up, so I knew I had to have one today.


oh, and before I carry on with this week's match-up... I have to give proper air-time to the winner of the High-School dance edition....


TIME WARP!!!!


In a very heated battle up until the very end, I didn't know if I wanted to swing my hips to the left or love you forever... but the last three voters cried to pull their knees in tight and do the time warp agaaaaaain. Yup. The Rocky Fans opted for NO MEATLOAF, and beat out Paradise by a vote of 13-10.

To honor this accomplishment, Time Warp has been added to the Cze-Johnson Fever Greatest Hits, High School Dance Edition. Meatloaf has not.

For my winners... I apologize... CDs are burned, but I couldn't make the labels and jackets this weekend. I ran out of ink (black, too, of all the colors!) from making Rhena's invites. fear not, though... a trip to best buy in on the radar for today, so prizes should be sent soon.


BUT ON TO THIS WEEK!!!!


This diet blows. have I mentioned that yet??? yeah. Granted, it wasn't *too* bad this weekend, cause I cheated on it. yesssss..... I once again drank too much with Troy on Friday (I'll be damned if wine is not the gateway to hang-over hell!!! one bottle of wine and next thing you know I NEED to drink 4 vanilla-latte martinis and 2 captain and vanilla diets???? WTF???)

so the NEXT day, when this little rabbit Froo-Froo was feeling like poo-poo.... sticking to the diet was not an option. regular coke was had. sweet, magical, soothe-my-stomach-regular-coke. Broccoli cheese soup was had. HEAVY, thick, coat-my-shriveled-up-and-dying-stomach-broccoli-cheese-soup. you get the idea. this was no day for yogurt and lettuce, damnit!

but once again, I digress.

I'm feeling fine again, so back to my straight and getting-narrower ways. So I thought... why not pair up two fitness gurus??? I mean, if being -slash-getting other people fit and lean is what made their name... I'm wondering how they would pair up against each other????

So this week I give you, for your dieting pleasure...

BILL PHILLIPS
vs
DR. ROBERT C. ATKINS


ok.... so if you DON'T know who these guys are, then you're probably so skinny you're one of those crack-head bitches who never diet... so that's all fine and good and I'm really happy for you, but in my head I'm saying you're a binge eater and have absolutely horrible breath in the morning. The other possibility is that you live under a rock. Granted, it's probably a NICE rock, being that you have internet connection and all....


but the point is... if you don't know who these guys are, I've provided one link for each to get you started. Read up on Bill over here, and Atkins over here.

So the rules are the usual... who would kick who's ass? Yes, I know Atkins is dead, but it's not like these two would REALLY go in a ring against each other either, so play along, will ya? SOOOOOO many factors can play into this one, gang... legions of followers, long-term results... popularity, physical shape of gurus themselves.... you name it.

Again. you be the judge.


DING DING..... let the voting begin!

13 comments:

Porq said...

Bill Atkins??
Is he a country singer?? or Chet?

I dunno...

I LIKE CHEESE!!

OINK

Unknown said...

Um if Phillips represents exercise and Atkins represents crazy, but popular, dieting fads, I'm going to have to go with Phillips. I'm an old-fashioned kind of girl--no quick fixes for me. That and I love my pasta too much to give it up!

Tee/Tracy said...

Bill of course. Good Lord, look at him! He's a meat head... And poor old man Atkins.... (shaking head)

Marie said...

Oh, definitely Bill Phillips.
1. He's got an amazing body.
2. His program makes sense and promotes a solid exercise program and eating several small meals (carbs/protein) per day. I'm all about keeping some carbs in my diet (unlike Atkins).
3. I tried his program and gained lots of lean muscle. Good stuff.

Nick said...

I'm gonna go with Atkins. He may have been on the annoying anti-carb kick, but Phillips looks like he's compensating for something waaaaaaaay to much. If you need to be constantly pictured in front of your Porche with your shirt off, then there is something seriously wrong with you. At least Atkins had the good sense to die before he became an overly commericallized twit.

Susie said...

Hm. This is a weird one fer sher. I would rather see Richard Simmons bitchslapping Denise Austin or something. I'll go with the big boy, Phillips. Because I like my carbs wayyyyyyy to much.

Me said...

Ok, I guess I'm one of those crackhead bitches who never diet...lol. Not that I don't need to, I just don't :)

But I'll go against the grain and say Atkins....although Mr. Phillips is in the lead for sure :) You could say I'm kinda crazy like Atkins...lol.

CheekyMoo said...

I've never come here and acted like a weiner before, but today I'm all weiner. I vote c) Cheeky Moo. The other two suck ass. Atkin's dead from clogged arteries due to eating only meat. No skills. Phillips, I just don't like on principal.

But I will say I had some Hawaiian Bread on my camping trip and cursed your name. So I'm double weiner today. You're not getting a vote out of me this week. I rock way more than those two losers. I lost 150 pounds and still eat chocolate cake. I have to give myself some sort of grand supreme status for that.

john boy said...

Aw, Susie beat me to it...Richard Simmons, definitely, but I'd pair him up against Jack LaLane.

carlotta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carlotta said...

Phillips it is. I think the Atkins diet is a load of crap. Most of the people that I know who've tried it, gained all the weight back as soon as they ate a potato.

gina said...

they are both diet-nazis.

Melissa said...

I vote for Phillips. Atkins is NUTS...make that was...