Tuesday, December 28, 2004

That's a wrap

ok... the dust has finally settled from the mayhem of our first christmas with a baby.

I'm acutely aware that this was probably the easiest christmas we'll ever experience, as we didn't travel anywhere, didn't have to hide all the gifts that santa dropped off early, and didn't have to schlep from house to house sending tidings of good cheer. Next year, the toys will be more complicated, and I'm sure the ways to entertain the monster will be as well. I can see it already---- next year is going to take some energy.

As for this year.... it didn't quite fit the description of our traditional holiday fare, but it was pretty nice to relax and spend time alone together as a family. a minimal amount of phone calls were made, but after sending out 168 christmas cards, I think we deserved it. yes, I said 168.

Rhena apparently slipped the guy in the red suit a ten spot or something, because she was treated very very well by family and friends alike.

I think all of my non-selfish intentions on sundays this past year must have impressed the Man with the Plan, because I, too, did very very well on christmas. It wasn't anything I opened as much as the clarity to recognize how very Blessed I am. I mean, sure--- the gifts were there, but looking at Troy holding Rhena, and knowing they are both mine.... talk about powerful. Of course, the little box from Tiffany's helped, too.

So as this year comes to a close, another chapter in our life does too.

Nevada has been good to us. Sure, the pregnant and shadeless summer sucked ass, and I've clearly learned that there are more hues of brown in this state than Crayola is letting the world know about, but there have been some high points.

No doubt we're going to miss our friends the most. We have made some very good friends here... but I'm confident we'll see them again.

I'll definitely miss the lack of traffic. not sure how charlotte is going to be in terms of getting to the mall, but I'm happy thinking I won't need to worry about swerving away from the killer tumbleweeds.

But onward and eastward.


The cars will be picked up some time between January 3rd and 13th, the house gets packed on the 12th, and loaded on a truck on the 13th. The madness ends (or begins???) on the 14th when we fly out.

We just bought all of our plane tickets today.... Troy will spend one extra day in new jersey before flying down to NC.... that's going to suck; having him be so far away..... but we're going to get a webcam so he can keep daily tabs on the little booger. I'm thinking I can do something with this website and the cam, too, but I don't want to think about that yet....


if my brain is going to be on anything, it's the golf-ball of a lump that has formed in my right breast. oh yeah--- it's a beauty.... I got me a clogged milk duct.

yes, I said it.... clogged. milk. duct.


apparently the only way to loosen it up is by rigorous massage and heat. that's like saying to someone who's covered in bruises and going through menopause that you want to squeeze the purple parts in a desert. ok-- maybe not the same, but imagine having the sweats and putting a hotwater bottle to your skin, and choosing to repeatedly stub your toe over and over (and over and over) again. and then when you're done ramming your toe, have someone drop a brick on it for good measure.

my OBGYN says it's normal.... why am I not surprised?

they thought the screwdriver-up-my-crotch feeling was normal. the good news is that with due diligence to self-pain, this golf ball will probably break up within the next few days.. week to a week and a half at the latest.

so that's about it from cze-johnson land. I hope y'all had a wonderful Holiday... whatever one you chose to celebrate.


No comments: